Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By wwguan
  • 4 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By wwguan
  1.    #1  
    my company uses MS Exchange mail service. My pre3 has been doing fine with syncing the calendar. just two days ago, i suddenly noticed that my calendar on my pre3 has only the current month's schedules! My computer in my company is fine though. Anyone gets a clue? thanks a lot!
    Before you do too much, might want to check with IT and see if they implemented a new EAS policy that only syncs a month or something, With more places going to bring your own device maybe they are trying not to load up everything on to someone's personal device.

THE OTHER WORRY (sorry to worry you) is that they may be dropping Palm support, one of our forum members had that happen at his work recently. I doubt this is your issue, but something to keep in mind.

Once you have checked with IT that it isn't their side, first thing to do would be to delete and readd the EAS account.
  3.    #3  
    thanks a lot! Will talk to our IT people and see what happens...
    That would be me.

If it wasn't my employer, I would look for a way to override the identifier so it would let me sync. Somehow I don't think the nice folks in corporate security would smile at my efforts.

My wife thinks I'm crazy that I still want to buy a Pre3 just for a toy. :P
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  5.    #5  
    i talked to the IT guy, he said that nothing has been changed. However, when i deleted the exchange acct in my Pre3 then set it up again, i noticed something different from before: one more syncing choice than before, the task.

i guess, most likely, the Pre3 side had something changed?? if that's the case, any way to "force" Pre3 to sync past month's schedules?

any idea would be appreciated.

thanks.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    The calendar will only sync past events so far back, along with all future events. This is to reduce the storage required to store them. Syncing all events and mail would really slow your phone down if you had a lot of mail and calendar items. Can you see all future events? If so, it is probably working correctly. It is not quite clear if you mean past one month or future one month.

Edit: found this article, suggesting the timeframe is fixed to two weeks back for Exchange:
    http://www.webosnation.com/webos-2-x...syncing-issues

Also found related webos support article:
    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb/.../43761_en.html
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/22/2013 at 11:11 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The calendar will only sync past events so far back, along with all future events. This is to reduce the storage required to store them. Syncing all events and mail would really slow your phone down if you had a lot of mail and calendar items. Can you see all future events? If so, it is probably working correctly. It is not quite clear if you mean past one month or future one month.

Edit: found this article, suggesting the timeframe is fixed to two weeks back for Exchange:
    webOS 2.x calendar sync limits | webOS Nation

Also found related webos support article:
    Palm Support : Can't synchronize Calendar events
    thanks a lot! That's very helpful information. I appreciate that.
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwguan View Post
    thanks a lot! That's very helpful information. I appreciate that.
    Indeed, good info! I would verify my Exchange has limited history but unlimited foresight. As for Google accounts, I believe there's a patch to make that unlimited into the future as well, FWIW.