Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By gizmo21
  • 1 Post By horzel
  1.    #1  
    So I rarely go over my data cap, I think two maybe three times in almost two years on ATT. I had checked my data on Tuesday and had used four hundred megs, this morning I get three SMS in thirty minutes. The third being I have reached my data cap, I am now over my data cap and a lil upset. I know I didnt use two gigs of data in less than two days.

So now I am a lil sad with data turned off on my phone until I can figure out what demon is sucking down data for the first time ever on this device. Sad panda.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Saw something about this here just the other day. If I find it again I'll post a link.
  3.    #3  
    awesome, thanks!
    Hey the collective palm-brain of all PrPrPr&#$275$;$s$ $unites$ $and$ $they$ $begin$ $to$ $brew$ $an$ $openwebos$$2$.$x$ $b$&$amp$;$stard$ $at$ $night$ $in$ $the$ $cloud$ $sucking$ $up$ $our$ $dataplans$. $So$ $nothing$ $to$ $be$ $afraid$ $of$, $soon$ $your$ $phone$ $will$ $have$ $an$ $update$ $ready$.

Sorry sometimes my imagination runs roit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    Saw something about this here just the other day. If I find it again I'll post a link.
    Yeah, I'd like to see this too! Wouldn't want to make the Straight Talk gods angry either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to see this too! Wouldn't want to make the Straight Talk gods angry either.
    AT&T is no God
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    The previous poster in the other thread, was somebody who had a problem with POP/SMTP. Somehow an email was never coming in/out. Best way to test, go into the accounts app and disable all syncing everywhere. Then enable one by one. Use netstat to keep track of the used traffic
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    AT&T is no God
    Ha, didn't mean to imply! On ST though, the rumor is they'll kill your account if they don't like you. That includes killing your number before you have the chance to move it safely out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Ha, didn't mean to imply! On ST though, the rumor is they'll kill your account if they don't like you. That includes killing your number before you have the chance to move it safely out.
    I have not lost mine on ST yet but I have a horrible time loading youtube videos. I have had my account deactivated before because I forgot refill but when I did it gave me my number back.
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    The previous poster in the other thread, was somebody who had a problem with POP/SMTP. Somehow an email was never coming in/out. Best way to test, go into the accounts app and disable all syncing everywhere. Then enable one by one. Use netstat to keep track of the used traffic
    Yes, that was the post I was looking for, still can't find it. Also, I suppose you've tried turning off the backup to see if it makes any difference?