Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre 3 since December. Just during the last couple of weeks I've noticed the battery charge has been dropping suddenly. Dr. Battery is showing that the health is exactly 50% (609 mAh). It has always been at 95% before these issues. I think it is lying to me. The phone will ping at 20%, 10% and 5%, then it will sit at 0% all day long without requiring a charge.

I know nothing can be done using Dr Battery, but is there some way that the health can be reset? I'm not too bothered as I have a Mugen battery on order, but I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to that. I've been keeping an eye on the Mugen battery thread.

I have tried re-flashing the A6 firmware, fully discharging and recharge with no interruptions. Can't think what else to try besides shorting various terminals on the battery (last resort when my Mugen battery turns up).

Tried reverting back to the standard kernel. No difference.
    Last edited by Jimbode; 05/12/2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Tried different kernels.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbode View Post
    I've had my Pre 3 since December. Just during the last couple of weeks I've noticed the battery charge has been dropping suddenly. Dr. Battery is showing that the health is exactly 50% (609 mAh). It has always been at 95% before these issues. I think it is lying to me. The phone will ping at 20%, 10% and 5%, then it will sit at 0% all day long without requiring a charge.

I know nothing can be done using Dr Battery, but is there some way that the health can be reset? I'm not too bothered as I have a Mugen battery on order, but I'm hoping the same doesn't happen to that. I've been keeping an eye on the Mugen battery thread.

I have tried re-flashing the A6 firmware, fully discharging and recharge with no interruptions. Can't think what else to try besides shorting various terminals on the battery (last resort when my Mugen battery turns up).

Tried reverting back to the standard kernel. No difference.
    Ok it's started shutting down sooner. Maybe its not lying to me. Still waiting for my Mugen 1400 to arrive...