Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ToniCipriani
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking at buying a Pre3, Can the Verison Pre3 be Unlocked for Bell Canada?
    Tx
    Quote Originally Posted by tracks914 View Post
    Tx
    I'm not in Canada, but a couple of questions you may need to ask them:

1. Do they support CDMA devices? I tried looking this up, and it's not clear from the google results whether Bell Canada has a GSM or CDMA network, or both.

2. If they do support CDMA devices - will they allow you to add an MEID of a phone that is not intended for their network? Most carriers in the US do not allow this, but maybe Bell Canada does.

If Bell Canada does support GSM, it would probably be much easier (and cheaper) to get an AT&T Pre 3.
    Tx
    bump. Been wondering the same thing. I know the AT&T one will work no problem, as I'm using it right now as I write this
    Yup. My Pre 3 worked just fine with Bell. Had a couple of problems getting the right unlock code, but after that, it worked flawlessly.
    According to this: Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bell has a CDMA 2000 network you'd need to get EVDO RevA... I gather that is a legacy network only available in some areas.

They also have UMTS 850/1900 which the Vzw Pre 3 has for its GSM 2G radio, but only 1900 on the 3G. So if they use 850 and 1900 for H+ (one uplink - one downlink) then you would't qualify for H+... I can't find the specifics as of yet...

Pre 3 spec here: HP Pre 3 CDMA - Full phone specifications
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Tx
    No. Verizon Pre 3 only supports 900/2100 for roaming on the SIM. Bell uses 850/1900 and does NOT have a fallback GSM network to use 2G.

Get an AT&T one which has 850/1900/2100.
    RumoredNow and Rnp like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Miller View Post
    I'm not in Canada, but a couple of questions you may need to ask them:

1. Do they support CDMA devices? I tried looking this up, and it's not clear from the google results whether Bell Canada has a GSM or CDMA network, or both.

2. If they do support CDMA devices - will they allow you to add an MEID of a phone that is not intended for their network? Most carriers in the US do not allow this, but maybe Bell Canada does.

If Bell Canada does support GSM, it would probably be much easier (and cheaper) to get an AT&T Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    According to this: Mobile country code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bell has a CDMA 2000 network you'd need to get EVDO RevA... I gather that is a legacy network only available in some areas.

They also have UMTS 850/1900 which the Vzw Pre 3 has for its GSM 2G radio, but only 1900 on the 3G. So if they use 850 and 1900 for H+ (one uplink - one downlink) then you would't qualify for H+... I can't find the specifics as of yet...

Pre 3 spec here: HP Pre 3 CDMA - Full phone specifications
    Bell is CDMA as well but they do not allow CDMA devices not sold by them.
    Rnp likes this.
    Bell is CDMA as well but they do not allow CDMA devices not sold by them.
    Xiiiiii... We has a CDMA carrier that worked this way too... so, forget: use a AT&T Pre 3 and pray to the 3G have a good sign...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)