Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Thank you very much for sorting this out, most of them i already used, some not.
    Of course i have my own favorites (like WiFi File Sharing, TouchVol)

But: The only thing i cannot do is install the patches in combination with:
    Advanced patches by sconix - Install the ones you think you need (mind the ATT/VZW ones, those are only for ATT/VZW). I personally install the ones for E-mail, Messaging, System Prefs, Phone Prefs and Advanced System Behaviour.

Maybe it's not working cause some of those functions are already in the other patches?
    Or, did you install 'all' patches above??
    Last edited by ZeroZorro; 05/13/2013 at 07:20 AM.
  2.    #22  
    I installed a few of them.

And yes, I would've included WiFi File Sharing and stuff but those are apps and not patches/kernel.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    saltcourt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZorro View Post
    Thank you very much for sorting this out, most of them i already used, some not.
    Of course i have my own favorites (like WiFi File Sharing, TouchVol)

But: The only thing i cannot do is install the patches in combination with:
    Advanced patches by sconix - Install the ones you think you need (mind the ATT/VZW ones, those are only for ATT/VZW). I personally install the ones for E-mail, Messaging, System Prefs, Phone Prefs and Advanced System Behaviour.

Maybe it's not working cause some of those functions are already in the other patches?
    Or, did you install 'all' patches above??

Yes, the Advanced System & Menus series of patches cover so much ground, that in my experience they do often 'clash' with others trying to do similar things but in a slightly different way or combination.. in fact the 'choice' of what to install is almost large enough to be confusing!

I settled for Jason's Device Menu Megamix + Airplane mode and added Temperature, Brightness, GPS, Battery % & Flashlight - I think!

Anyway it means one has easy option to switch OFF all Wifi, Radio Data/Roaming/Phone, GPS & BT all with a couple of taps, which is great for quelling battery-guzzle etc at short notice too.

Last edited by Mutoidi; 05/19/2013 at 10:15 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    thank Vistaus It works.
    Pleas tell me how to disable auto rotate in my new Pre 3 v2.2.4

Thanks for the future
    I now noticed that i have a few problems with email now, i ran into that before, i don't remember what trickers it.
    I think it's the 'Email Megamix (not confirmed yet)

• My signature in email is empty, when typing in and exiting (swipe up or swipe back) afterwards the field is empty again.
    • The same for notification: i can select a custom sound, but going out and back in, the field is empty again.

Update: I uninstalled the Email Megamix patch and evrything back to normal...
    Anyone have the same issue with this patch?

My installed patches now:

Add Skype invisible
    Battery Percent and Horizontal Icon
    Buttah
    Capture with volume keys
    Dim screen after 1 hour
    export call history
    facebook calendar timezone fix
    flashlight in device menu
    google sync behaviors patch
    GPS icon on top bar
    gsm 3g gps and brightness in Device menu
    Hold tap context menu (both)
    image view hi-res zoom
    messenger mega mix
    mojo fps+smooth scrolling+tap responsiveness
    More contact phone types
    move quick actions up
    multi mod
    no autorefresh after idle
    quiet powerd messages
    remove dropped packet logging
    reverse number lookup
    ringer switch icon
    set avatar in messaging
    sharing super mix
    sync fix for stable upload
    uber cycling dashboard+calendar+multilingual
    unset CFQ IO Scheduler
    unthrottle download manager
    video camera flashlight
    webOS scrollbars

what's missing?
    Improved CIMG photo/video naming

Include plain text alternate
    Last edited by horzel; 05/14/2013 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thanet_y View Post
    Pleas tell me how to disable auto rotate in my new Pre 3 v2.2.4
    Install the xwTweak app. Be sure to get the later 0.2.0 version. Also install its patch if you want to conveniently access the setting from the device menu.

As an option (highly recommended), you can install only the wxTweak app (skip the accompanying patch) and go for the excellent New Device Menu by Garrett92C. The rotation code is included and can be used with the new menu.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Install the xwTweak app. Be sure to get the later 0.2.0 version. Also install its patch if you want to conveniently access the setting from the device menu.

As an option (highly recommended), you can install only the wxTweak app (skip the accompanying patch) and go for the excellent New Device Menu by Garrett92C. The rotation code is included and can be used with the new menu.
    Like I stated in the OP: New Device Menu isn't available anymore.
    suddenly, my pre 3 att 2.2.4 lost the ability to go to top/bottom of page with delete/enter keyboard buttons ...it usta work fine and I miss it ...what broke it and how to fix it... tia !!
    Uberkernel doesn't show up in WOQSI for my pre 3 - has it been removed?

Thanks for the great thread!

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by smith67 View Post
    Uberkernel doesn't show up in WOQSI for my pre 3 - has it been removed?

Thanks for the great thread!

Peace
    Try straight from your phone.

In Preware settings under feeds... Make sure you have the kernel feed enabled.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Just found this thanks for compiling the info.
    any ideas ??

Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    suddenly, my pre 3 att 2.2.4 lost the ability to go to top/bottom of page with delete/enter keyboard buttons ...it usta work fine and I miss it ...what broke it and how to fix it... tia !!
    Just a detail: webOS Scrollbars have some problem with change the hour in Alarm App... exactly choosing the time...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Just a detail: webOS Scrollbars have some problem with change the hour in Alarm App... exactly choosing the time...

Best Regards...
    I can now scroll top/bottom of page again using backspace/enter key in browser after I deleted the 5 saved alarm times in the stock clock app... that's GREAT !! Thank you !!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Even as a Pre3 veteran, it's good to have this list. I even found two patches I haven't used before:

two additonal must have's (at least for me):

- Remove Tab Ripple (or is it included somewhere else?)
    - Really silent ringer switch
    After installing all of the patches my battery life is now horrid. I go from a full charge to dead in about 8 hours with only the cell radio turned on and light use (A few calls, a few texts, and maybe 5-10 minutes of web browsing) Am I the only one experiencing this? I recently got my pre 3 and had only been using it successfully for a few days before I decided to tweak it with these patches and the battery life was at least 3 times better. Thanks,

-Drew
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hi Drew,

Well although I do not see this behaviour as extreme as you describe it, I nevertheless can confirm it to some extend.

I doctored my Pre3 "again" last weak and have been using it plain and without any modification. I was able to get two days without recharging (minimal usage - original worn down battery).

So yes, the patches - I have no idea which - do drain the battery stronger all in all compared to having no patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe2 View Post
    Hi Drew,

Well although I do not see this behaviour as extreme as you describe it, I nevertheless can confirm it to some extend.

I doctored my Pre3 "again" last weak and have been using it plain and without any modification. I was able to get two days without recharging (minimal usage - original worn down battery).

So yes, the patches - I have no idea which - do drain the battery stronger all in all compared to having no patches.
    It really depends on which patches you use. Some CAN drain the battery faster, some not. When you list them I can tell you which are the most likely cause.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Coble View Post
    After installing all of the patches my battery life is now horrid. I go from a full charge to dead in about 8 hours with only the cell radio turned on and light use (A few calls, a few texts, and maybe 5-10 minutes of web browsing) Am I the only one experiencing this? I recently got my pre 3 and had only been using it successfully for a few days before I decided to tweak it with these patches and the battery life was at least 3 times better. Thanks,

-Drew
    I always leave WiFi on, because I understand it uses much less power than phone radio. (Of course if you had WiFi off before, or there's no WiFi to connect to then that wouldn't explain it)
    Roy

Pre3 is here !! Loving it
    Sprint FrankenPre2 - Touchpad - Homebrew galore
    History: Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Palm Pre
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast