Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    the, this trick would work for the pre 3?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T2Apdc15uY[/YT]

I tried it on my TP and luxury goes, I would like to know if anyone has tried in the pre 3

weird, i always thought mental battery drain was an android issue, 2 of my android tablets used to drain battery like crazy, 1 of them even when the device was turned off until id changed CM versions.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Why would reflashing A6 fix battery drain issue? Would it do some re-calibration? Also I noticed the strange filename to flash? Is this a custom file?
    I'd be interested to know if this'll work on my Pre3 too.
    After a doctor my phone has amazing battery life, but this seems to slowly get worse over time.
    I'd much rather do this than have to doctor every time.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    MAMISHO likes this.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Why would reflashing A6 fix battery drain issue? Would it do some re-calibration? Also I noticed the strange filename to flash? Is this a custom file?
    No, it is a custom, it is something that has to reestablish A6, I want to know is if it works on the pre3
    It might actually do a re-calibration of the battery somehow similar to Dr. Battery for non-A6 devices. This trick shoud therefore also work for Veer and Pre 3, but please be aware that a failed A6 flash will brick your device! I would therefore not recommend doing this! Doctor is a lot safer way. Maybe John Steffes could create doctors that would only update the A6 but nothing else?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    It might actually do a re-calibration of the battery somehow similar to Dr. Battery for non-A6 devices. This trick shoud therefore also work for Veer and Pre 3, but please be aware that a failed A6 flash will brick your device! I would therefore not recommend doing this! Doctor is a lot safer way. Maybe John Steffes could create doctors that would only update the A6 but nothing else?

For the touchpad, there are two firmware files, 00 for the back coil, 01 for the front coil (tts only), so that's where the strange names come from.

I did reflash my Pre3 A6 yesterday, but no idea whether it helped.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by horzel View Post
    For the touchpad, there are two firmware files, 00 for the back coil, 01 for the front coil (tts only), so that's where the strange names come from.

You're a brave man... Keep us posted about the long term effects.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    MAMISHO likes this.

But it didn't brick it either?
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    But it didn't brick it either?
    Mine did not brick but YMMV, this afternoon it run down again within 1 1/2 hours, when I was browsing the forums, and the web constantly, sitting on a terrace somewhere.

At home, with Freetether running, the charger can not keep up.

So nope, I do not see any improvements.

Regards,
  11. g7
    Reflashed mine too, I will see tomorrow if the battery life will improve

Eugenio
    Developer of Italian Fiscal Codes - Codici Fiscali | webOS Quick Actions

Comfortably numb since 1996.

Frankenpre³ EU 16 GB
    Mine did not brick but YMMV, this afternoon it run down again within 1 1/2 hours, when I was browsing the forums, and the web constantly, sitting on a terrace somewhere.

At home, with Freetether running, the charger can not keep up.

So nope, I do not see any improvements.

Regards,
    no idea if it helps in the long run but when i tether up my pre3 i have a mode switcher profile that launches freetether and runs a govnah profile that devolts and underclocks the device a hefty chunk, either way tho freetether on the pre3 is still bugged and you still have to fully reboot the device or you get constant battery drain even after quitting the app.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Txs geekpeter, I have never used mode switcher, but this might be a reason to try. And I indeed restart my Pre 3 when leaving home. :'(
    Here's a 'Word_doc' file of those Youtube details for 'backup' anyway, should anyone require it.

Attached Files Attached Files

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Robin. Need to use battery software to adjust pre3 battery protector board. Let it run like new battery....
    My friend can take out the board from touchpadgo battery and connect some cables to PC to fix it...
    Make it as tool to fix battery...
  16. g7
    Okay, didn't notice an increase in battery life. I will continue to test though.

Eugenio
    Developer of Italian Fiscal Codes - Codici Fiscali | webOS Quick Actions

Comfortably numb since 1996.

Frankenpre³ EU 16 GB
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Has anyone that has flashed their A6 used the file "a6_firmware.txt.00" from the TP or the file "a6_firmware.txt" that's on the Pre3?
    Since there are two files on the touchpad, the xxxx.00 and xxxx.01, one for the front and one for the backcoil, i did not copy any of these to my pre3, i used the one that was on my pre3, just ending in .txt
    Since there are two files on the touchpad, the xxxx.00 and xxxx.01, one for the front and one for the backcoil, i did not copy any of these to my pre3, i used the one that was on my pre3, just ending in .txt

That is smart! NEVER use TP files on your Pre3 (or the other way around)! The chances are quite big that you will BRICK your Pre3!

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    That is smart! NEVER use TP files on your Pre3 (or the other way around)! The chances are quite big that you will BRICK your Pre3!

If the flashing of the A6 goes wrong your device is dead. The battery is no longer recognized and therefore the device will not boot. There is no knowing way to repair it.
    We already have seen a lot of these devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast