Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've recently starting having this problem with my Pre3. Often times when i'm on a call after i'm done the call the screen wont come back on. When this happens the best way to get the screen to come back on is to put the phone on a touchstone. Very annoying!! This also on occasion happens at other times as well. Has anyone heard of this happening? Proximity censor busted?
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads
    Have you tried wiping off the screen when it happens? I have had it happen with my proximity sensor getting something on it while I was holding the phone to my head, I wipe the upper corner with my shirt and it fixes it.

If you think it might be proximity sensor hardware failure, you can go into the device tests and run the proximity sensor test.

Device Inf >Preferences>Tests>Interactive Tests>Screen
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Thanks, didn't know about those tests. It looks like the screen was just dirty. I have one of those sticker coverings on the front and the back (really wanted to cover that HP logo!). There is a hole where the proximity sensor is but it looks like simply wiping the phone doesn't clean it. I unstuck the sticker and wiped down the screen - seems to be working better now. Thanks again!
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads
    No problem, yeah screen protectors have been known to randomly wreak havoc on the proximity sensor since the original Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    No problem, yeah screen protectors have been known to randomly wreak havoc on the proximity sensor since the original Pre.
    I may actually need to cut a hole in mine there. I have an anti-glare one. I'd bet this reduces a lot of the problems that I see....
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    If your screen protector is starting to peel it will cause this error..threw away a perfectly good phone for this..