Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I recently had to dr my Pre 3, since then I've had nothing but problems. My CPU keeps running at full frequency. No matter what kernal (even stock) I us or setting in govnah.

I have re-doctored, removed all patches, installed JSTop. Nothing has helped.

I ran "top" command and there seems to be 2 issues. 1) chatthreader.jsjsjs $when$ $I$ $resign$ $into$ $my$ $google$ $and$ $facebook$ $accounts$ $this$ $appears$ $to$ $fix$ $the$ $issue$, $but$ $then$ $the$ $2$ $starts$. $Webappmgr$ $starts$ $running$ $using$ $up$ $80$-$95$% $of$ $the$ $CPU$.

I've looked through the forms and I can't find any answers, though I have seen others with the same issues. Anyone have a fix for this? Its killing the battery and causing heat issues.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    So I went into contacts and synced the accounts, which lowered the CPU usage. I then opened "Project Macaw" (twitter app) and the CPU usage appears to be normal now. Must be a sync bug and memory leak. If anyone has any other answers please post!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Not fixed, problem continues!
    do you have it polling for updates for email/facebook/etc constantly/immediatly?
    installed anything recently thats made it suddenly start doing this?
    tried jstop/lumberjack or other utils to check what process/etc is eating cpu/ram/process time?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I had same issue and it was a sync contactcs problem, try editing / deleting some contacts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    do you have it polling for updates for email/facebook/etc constantly/immediatly?
    installed anything recently thats made it suddenly start doing this?
    tried jstop/lumberjack or other utils to check what process/etc is eating cpu/ram/process time?
    i do not have any accounts polling any less then ever 4 hours (except twitter, which is every 2 hours) and JSTop fixes nothing!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    I had same issue and it was a sync contactcs problem, try editing / deleting some contacts
    I believe you are correct and it has something to do with "contacts". i have noticed while watching the polling with the "top" command, a contact.jsjsjs $comes$ $up$ $a$ $lot$. $When$ $killing$ $a$ $app$ $facebook$ $contant$.$js$ $pops$ $up$.

I removed my Facebook contacts and yahoo contacts, but didn't see any change. perhaps i didn't give it time to correct itself.

I will try deleting them again and give it some time to correct.

Thank you both for your time and I will report back my results.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    One other weird thing I have noticed with the contacts, under preferences my "default account" continues to be blank and I am unable to select a account for default. This tells me there is some kind of bug going on with the contacts.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    I re-doctored and wiped my USB potion. Still have the problem. Deleting contacts did nothing.

Ram "Lumberjack" and I'm getting many errors and alters. Some for my kernal (which is stock right now), for the accelerometer, chattheader, and some service update and many more.

[2013-04-29 08:17:36] (mojodb-luna[1279]) user.err: [core.messageService] invalid parameters: caller='com.palm.messaging.chatthreader' error='required property not found - 'val' for property 'where' for property 'query'' (22) - sender='com.palm.messaging.chatthreader' method='watch' payload='{"query":{"from":"com.palm.message:1","where":[{"op":">","prop":"readRevSet"}]}}'

[2013-04-29 08:17:37] (hidd) user.emerg: AccelerometerUsdInputConvert: accel event: value: orient.forward

[2013-04-29 08:17:38] (update) <Activity id=268 state=Active.: {"$activity":{"activityId":268,"creator":{"serviceId":"com.palm.imap"},"name":"com.palm.imap network status check - 1","requirements":{"internet":{"bridge":{"state":"disconnected"},"isInternetConnectionAvailable":tru e,"vpn":{"state":"disconnected"},"wan":{"interfaceName":"rmnet0","ipAddress":"97.239.215.139","netwo rk":"evdo","networkConfidenceLevel":"excellent","onInternet":"yes","state":"connected"},"wifi":{"sta te":"disconnected"}}}},"activityId":268,"event":"update","returnValue":true}

[2013-04-29 08:17:38] (update) <Activity id=268 state=Active.: {"$activity":{"activityId":268,"creator":{"serviceId":"com.palm.imap"},"name":"com.palm.imap network status check - 1","requirements":{"internet":{"bridge":{"state":"disconnected"},"isInternetConnectionAvailable":tru e,"vpn":{"state":"disconnected"},"wan":{"interfaceName":"rmnet0","ipAddress":"97.239.215.139","netwo rk":"evdo","networkConfidenceLevel":"excellent","onInternet":"yes","state":"connected"},"wifi":{"sta te":"disconnected"}}}},"activityId":268,"event":"update","returnValue":true}

is it just my highly untrained eye thats seeing connection log messages taking the bulk of your errors?

Is this happening while connected to wifi? on phone/data? both? is the CPU still maxed when theres no wifi/data connection and its in effect, network idle?

probably will need the input of a better webOS guru/dev, esp if the issues still there after a fresh doctor, btw which doctor did you use and what version.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    is it just my highly untrained eye thats seeing connection log messages taking the bulk of your errors?

Is this happening while connected to wifi? on phone/data? both? is the CPU still maxed when theres no wifi/data connection and its in effect, network idle?

probably will need the input of a better webOS guru/dev, esp if the issues still there after a fresh doctor, btw which doctor did you use and what version.
    It occurs no matter what. Phone/data on or off, screen on/off, wifi on/off. nothing seems to change the problem.

I have doctors up to the year of the flood! It is the verizon224 doctor.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Now I have doctored yet again, using a different .jar I had downloaded. Now the phone appears to be working again. cpu is scaling and tacts.jsjsjs, $webappmgr$.$js$ $and$ $contact$.$js$ $aren$'$t$ $robbing$ $the$ $cpu$.
    Quote Originally Posted by spikea4 View Post
    Now I have doctored yet again, using a different .jar I had downloaded. Now the phone appears to be working again. cpu is scaling and tacts.jsjsjs, $webappmgr$.$js$ $and$ $contact$.$js$ $aren$'$t$ $robbing$ $the$ $cpu$.
    n1, maybe give it some normal useage for a few days and see if it returns back to that cpu sucking state, if it doesnt then you have found your culprit and fixed your problem \o/
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    n1, maybe give it some normal useage for a few days and see if it returns back to that cpu sucking state, if it doesnt then you have found your culprit and fixed your problem \o/
    I'm not sure yet, but I think its eating up the CPU again. I will give it time see what happens, this is getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by spikea4 View Post
    I'm not sure yet, but I think its eating up the CPU again. I will give it time see what happens, this is getting ridiculous.
    so is/did it do it with stock apps or with your restored extra apps from the catalogue?
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    so is/did it do it with stock apps or with your restored extra apps from the catalogue?
    Both. It appears to be working right now, but i fear that as last time it will work for a day and then in the morning be over heating and bugging out. I hope it is fix.

From what I have read from others this is a problem we should still continue to investigate.

I hope I'm in the clear and don' t have to go through this again.

Thank You again, if you hear or read anything that would be helpful if this bug pops up again please let me know.