Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

since a bricking, doctoring and reinstallation session I got a problem with Bluetooth pairing.

I can select the device to pair with, but the dialog for entering the pin code vanishes automatically as soon as it is opened.

This is very strange ... did any of you encounter a similar behaviour? Any known workarounds?
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince42 View Post
    Hi,

since a bricking, doctoring and reinstallation session I got a problem with Bluetooth pairing.

I can select the device to pair with, but the dialog for entering the pin code vanishes automatically as soon as it is opened.

This is very strange ... did any of you encounter a similar behaviour? Any known workarounds?
    my car had once exceeded its number of bluetooth-connected-devices-list. then this also came up... i deleted one phone from car-"radio"s internal list and i could pair again.

perhaps this may help.
    Just checking, you have placed the BT device in pairing mode?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi,

thank you for your answers so far!

The smartphone has been paired with the car before and after de-authorizing the smartphone it has definitely enough space for new devices.

Yes, the BT is in pairing mode, I see the car, tap on it, the authorization dialog appears for half a second and then closes itself without any visible reason.

My thoughts were going into the direction that the smartphone might recognize the car as "have already been authorized to that one" and therefore closes the dialog right after opening it, but I was not able to figure out whether there are files where previous authorized devices are kept and which might have survived the doctoring.

For this reason I tried pairing a completely unknown new device with the smartphone, but the authorization dialog keeps closing itself.

I removed all patches from the phone as I feared they might disturb the pairing, but didn't succeed either.

The log files also don't show any obscure messages (neither /var/log/messages nor /var/log/bt.log).

At the moment I am quite stuck - especially as the smartphone still pairs nicely with TP and keyboard ... only new devices seem somehow no longer pairable ...
    Cheers, Vince
    @webos24net donate
    You can pair BT device from command line ... when you are asked 'Allow "XYZ" to pair with this device?' - instead of selecting Yes, Allow that (would bring PIN entry dialog) switch to novaterm and enter following command:

Code:
    luna-send -n 1 -a com.palm.app.bluetooth luna://com.palm.bluetooth/gap/sendpasskeyresp "{\"address\":\"xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx\", \"passkey\": \"1234\", \"$activity\": {\"activityId\": 111}}"
    Replace address with BT address of the device you are pairing with (and use correct PIN of course)