Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By creepingmee
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just bought Smart Office from App Catalog only to find out that Dropbox does not connect on this app neither. I was wondering if it is possible to return an app for a refund or not.
    BTW, is there a way to view dropbox files (excel, word) on Pre 3? Nothing seems to be working including Dropboxify, Quick office, Smart office. Even dropbox website does not let me download these files.
    Last I used dropboxify it worked to download, usually don't attempt to open those files on my Pre3 though, maybe light word docs, but not excel.

No way to get a refund thru HP/App Cat, might try contacting the developer, but at this point I would guess you get nothing from them either.
    Quote Originally Posted by draftex View Post
    I just bought Smart Office from App Catalog only to find out that Dropbox does not connect on this app neither. I was wondering if it is possible to return an app for a refund or not.
    BTW, is there a way to view dropbox files (excel, word) on Pre 3? Nothing seems to be working including Dropboxify, Quick office, Smart office. Even dropbox website does not let me download these files.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Last I used dropboxify it worked to download, usually don't attempt to open those files on my Pre3 though, maybe light word docs, but not excel.

No way to get a refund thru HP/App Cat, might try contacting the developer, but at this point I would guess you get nothing from them either.
    I would contact my credit card and refuse the transaction, assume that they would revoke your payment and HP/Palm would then have to eat it, or ask the developer back for their cut as someone once said it was a 70/30 split?

Can't speak for outside the USA, but I have disputed many transactions, within time they either were settled or in my favor, but it is up to your credit card company.

As we have already seen with Angry Birds HD for the Touchpad they can remove/add apps to the variable purchased apps in your profile. Then I guess they can ask you to remove the app, or they can send an SMS wipe to your device to remove it. Of course at that point if you got your money back, you should remove the app and any form of it as you have no longer paid for it.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 04/25/2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Yeah CC dispute could work, just watch out for a potential fraud claim. I don't think for this amount it would happen, but I've heard rumor of stories of the CC company pursuing the claimant for fraud.
    just tested this to make sure it still was working. Opened both a .doc and a .docx files from smart office though

dropbox without issue... I'm not sure what could be causing the problem for you.... Is the file size so big that the pre3 can't handle it?
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Like I mentioned in the other thread ("Dropboxify not working anymore?"), Dropbox seems to have changed the authentication method. All people that already registered a while back and have a valid authentication token can use it as if nothing had changed. For all new users all apps making use of Dropbox and using the old authentication method are useless.
    thieves abound...