1.    #1  
    All of a sudden my mic stopped working. Also external headset mic doesn't work. Only bluetooth headset is ok. I've replaced the headset jack, that didn't fix my problem. The phone is not stuck in headset mode. I've doctored it, went back to previous 2.2.3. I've created a new profile. Also tried to use ghastly headset to force out of headset mode... Nothing seems to fix my issue. Any advice what to do???
    Last edited by haenzel; 04/24/2013 at 02:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haenzel View Post
    All of a sudden my mic stopped working. Also external headset mic doesn't work. Only bluetooth headset is ok. I've replaced the headset jack, that didn't fix my problem. The phone is not stuck in headset mode. I've doctored it, went back to previous 2.2.3. I've created a new profile. Also tried to use ghostly to force out of headset mode... Nothing seems to fix my issue. Any advise what to do???
    See this thread....

Microphone stops working

Let me know if you figure anything out.... still have two Pre 3s with this problem.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad
    I also have one that has done this permanently apparently, and my regular use one does it occasionally and has to be rebooted to fix it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I also have one that has done this permanently apparently, and my regular use one does it occasionally and has to be rebooted to fix it.
    My Pre 3 does it all the time, reboot doesn't fix it..

It looks like the internal amplifier for the mic is not working properly. If you tab on the mic and the other end listens carefully, some audio can be heared. Think it is software related. If only I could fully erase the software before loading it again.
    Now it seems part of the software is not erased, so reloading the software doesn't cure the problem.