webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Touch broken (not the screen)
Touch broken (not the screen)

Old 04/21/2013, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hey webosnation,

my pre3 did make a big fall last weekend. My screen is still working (my keyboard still works, so i can use it) but when I touch it nothing is happening..

Is there a way / possibility to get it working again?
If not, is there a way to control for example wifi (so it could sync with my profile) / apps?
I'm thinking about a way i could load the screens on my computer and control it?

Anyone any idea if someone could made the touch of my screen?

thx in advance!
Old 04/21/2013, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
Hey webosnation,

my pre3 did make a big fall last weekend. My screen is still working (my keyboard still works, so i can use it) but when I touch it nothing is happening..

Is there a way / possibility to get it working again?
If not, is there a way to control for example wifi (so it could sync with my profile) / apps?
I'm thinking about a way i could load the screens on my computer and control it?

Anyone any idea if someone could made the touch of my screen?

thx in advance!
Sounds like either the cable got disconnected or the touch panel got cracked...

But a crack would make it more that a portion of the touch panel does not work, so I am thinking that it is the cable...
John Steffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2013, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

forgot to post, the case around the screen is broken; there's a crack on it a the left upper rounding...
you can see the light of the screen coming trough it.