1.    #1  
    Hi there, and thank you for looking at my thread.

I recently downloaded Ndrive Beta 6, and purchased UK and Ireland map to complete the package. Everything seems to be working well, except a tiny issue: my initial/current position - 12 miles east from where I am.

Bing and Google maps work just fine, it's just Ndrive which has this quirk.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Gabriel
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    UK and Ireland... do you live just west of meridian 0 (between 0˚ and 1˚ W)? See Navit GPS Fix for Pre2 / webOS 2.1? and My longitude is negative, and my location wrong!

Unless I have missed something, there may be no solution other than replacing ndrive with another navigation. But hey, the other 359˚ are OK!

If it's not the case, you may also try to turn off Google location services, it repeatedly put me up to 2km from my position.
    can always try NavIt from preware and download the UK maps from here: Navit :: Planet Extractor its not as elegant as Ndrive but its worth a shot if your unable to fix your problem, im form teh north east of england and ndrive for me at least is accurate, i havent actually tried navit properly yet, keep meaning too.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Hi there, and thank you for looking at my thread.

I recently downloaded Ndrive Beta 6, and purchased UK and Ireland map to complete the package. Everything seems to be working well, except a tiny issue: my initial/current position - 12 miles east from where I am.

Bing and Google maps work just fine, it's just Ndrive which has this quirk.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Gabriel
    Hi, where did you downloaded the ndrive from. as far as I know it was plulled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nideiki View Post
    Hi, where did you downloaded the ndrive from. as far as I know it was plulled out.
    i think most people installed "UberAppCat" and aquired ndrive via that, use that app and search for NDrive, a few entries down should be an entry called "Beta6", aquire maps inside ndrive itsself, they should work fine.
    There are different GPS coordinate modes in NDrive: DDD, DMM, and DMS modes. I don't know what they do, and I left mine on the default DDD mode. Perhaps this is just for how to display GPS position. But perhaps you should check to see what this setting is set to.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  7.    #7  
    Briest, Geekpeter and Vasekvi - thank you very much for your help/replies.

I turned to Ndrive after using Navit and getting tired of the cumbersome handling of the search process ( resulting in me ending a couple of times in a wrong destination, often not finding the required street in London, etc.).

I have been using Google Navigation since acquiring a Motorola Razr i recently, and am still impressed with the ease this program does its job.

But Android is no WebOS (although it sincerely tries), so nostalgically I visit my Pre3 from time to time, and feel like maybe I can still use it ( navigation software is important to me); so I went ahead and hunted the Ndrive like Geekpeter described it, purchased the map and thought I can enjoy my special phone a while longer. Then this silly bug reared its ugly head.

I guess it's true that special relations need extra work to keep alive, so I'm definitely not giving up on my WebOS dears ( I'm lucky to have also a Veer and a TouchPad) any time soon.

I'll just try different angles of approach, while carrying an Android device for daily use in the meantime.

Thanks again,

Gabriel
    Time to visit the Dr.?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    btw i use ndrive and im in the UK so yeah your actual location may play a part in if your hit by "the" bug or not, im in the north east of england in northumberland and ndrive works/positions me dead on (as does navit) on my pre3, so either im amazingly lucky or your struck with bad luck.

as to the post above im not sure if this si something a doctor would fix/correct, most doctor related issues tend to be related to other problems, not heard offhand about gps related issues fixed that way.

higher webOS guru's/gods would answer that one better.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I turned to Ndrive after using Navit and getting tired of the cumbersome handling of the search process ( resulting in me ending a couple of times in a wrong destination, often not finding the required street in London, etc.).
    Yes, searching in Navit can yield... interesting results, I once ended up in the wrong city (fortunately, it was only ~4km from my real destination -- OpenStreetMaps had some trouble deciding which city the street belongs to). But, since 0.3.0 update of homebrew Google Maps, you can (again, cross-app launching was broken for some time) use it to pick your destination -- there's 'Route with Navit' in pin menu. For some reason, Navit does not try to route me immediately when launched this way, but my chosen location coordinates are available in Navit's "Former destinations" menu.

It seems to me also, that searching with Just Type/Navit Maps gives better results than Navit's internal search; I'm not sure how comes, maybe it's only impression...
    good thing this isn't an iPhone forum, the only solution would've been to move your house "Up" style
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Sorry if I missed it, have you tried deleting and reinstall nDrive? thinking maybe something buggy in the install isn't picking up GPS properly? Also what version of webOS are you on?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Which beta version are you using? I'm using 11.3.03 just fine in the south east of England on my Pre 3. You could try one of the versions from this link:
    nDrive leaving webOS