webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > photo sharing between Pre3 and TouchPad
photo sharing between Pre3 and TouchPad

Old 04/17/2013, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

is it possible to send multiple photos from pre 3 to touchpad? If so, how?

Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 04/17/2013 at 06:26 PM. Reason: updated thread title to be more specific
conspira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

1/Facebook: just upload them they will be sync with your TP
2/Mail them to yourself, open the mail on TP download
3/Box.net, SnapFish, Photobucket, dropbox: upload from the Pre client, download from TP client
4/Wifi TP browser: open the app on TP, browse it from Pre browser download desired photos
5/Touch to Share: App Review: Zap Photoshare | webOS Nation
Vity Traff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think the above answer pretty much covers all options short of using a computer.
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspira View Post
is it possible to send multiple photos from pre 3 to touchpad? If so, how?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
1/Facebook: just upload them they will be sync with your TP
2/Mail them to yourself, open the mail on TP download
3/Box.net, SnapFish, Photobucket, dropbox: upload from the Pre client, download from TP client
4/Wifi TP browser: open the app on TP, browse it from Pre browser download desired photos
5/Touch to Share: App Review: Zap Photoshare | webOS Nation
Of all the options, perhaps Box.net (now Box.com) is the best one to try if you haven't already.

Sign on at Box and you get 5GB storage. Sign in at Box with a TouchPad and it magically expands to 50GB and for free.

RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 10:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Anyone who signs up now gets 50GB on Box.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2013, 02:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

the zap photoshare is the best option, as it also utilises TTS which I still just find pretty cool!
Old 04/18/2013, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
the zap photoshare is the best option, as it also utilises TTS which I still just find pretty cool!
Yes totally 'cool'.. but surely 'TTS' is one of the most under-developed, and thereby under-used, aspects of what could have made the TP & Phone 'family' very special - and for it's time rather 'unique'?

It just seems crazy that BT is not actually the direct carrier for such file-sharing apps/potential between the two!

As it is, I read the phone using 'USB Flash Mount' and powered hub from TP.. but haven't succeeded in getting it to function the other way around yet.. ie. read the TP as a USB drive from a phone (which still just sees the input from the hub as a battery charge!).. has anyone?

"Sigh"!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.
Mutoidi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2013, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

you can use shiftyaxels wifi sharing app along with the enyo network drive mapper and have both devices "see" each other as a share by just browsing /media/internal/shares on either device, once done you can just use your fave file browser such as InternalZ to copy/move/etc files of any kind between the 2 devices, ofc this requires you have both devices on a wifi network.

NP using this method at home, and if away from home im lucky i have a MiFi device which is basically a mobile router so i can still use this method if need be.
Old 04/18/2013, 01:15 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
Anyone who signs up now gets 50GB on Box.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
I know months ago when I met with some box.com representatives, the 50 gig is only when registering with a mobile device, normal web registration was 5 still. Has that changed? I've been with them since shortly after TP launch so I have no clue.
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2013, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
you can use shiftyaxels wifi sharing app along with the enyo network drive mapper and have both devices "see" each other as a share by just browsing /media/internal/shares on either device, once done you can just use your fave file browser such as InternalZ to copy/move/etc files of any kind between the 2 devices, ofc this requires you have both devices on a wifi network.

NP using this method at home, and if away from home im lucky i have a MiFi device which is basically a mobile router so i can still use this method if need be.
Thanks.. I've used the wifi sharing app, but only at home via that router.. so the MiFi device is the Mobility link, Yes.
But how much more elegant to be able to use the BT link via a TTS App - anywhere!

Still 'sighing'!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Mini-5101.120Gb SSD. 3G/Wifi/BT. Win7.
Mutoidi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/18/2013, 02:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
Thanks.. I've used the wifi sharing app, but only at home via that router.. so the MiFi device is the Mobility link, Yes.
But how much more elegant to be able to use the BT link via a TTS App - anywhere!

Still 'sighing'!

ofc that limits the solution to just the pre3 and touchpad, TTS is ofc a no-go as pretty much no-one codes to use it, and tbh thats quite right at thsi stage, its a bit sad and boring when the only person you can TTS is erm, ourselves.

away from home id just default to box/dropbox tbh.
Old 04/19/2013, 02:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
Yes totally 'cool'.. but surely 'TTS' is one of the most under-developed, and thereby under-used, aspects of what could have made the TP & Phone 'family' very special - and for it's time rather 'unique'?

It just seems crazy that BT is not actually the direct carrier for such file-sharing apps/potential between the two!

As it is, I read the phone using 'USB Flash Mount' and powered hub from TP.. but haven't succeeded in getting it to function the other way around yet.. ie. read the TP as a USB drive from a phone (which still just sees the input from the hub as a battery charge!).. has anyone?

"Sigh"!

you basically just summed up why I like zap so much as its the only real useful application for TTS. The webpage share is interesting, but not terribly useful.
Old 04/20/2013, 12:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I've occasionally used web page share, but other than that, I've only used tts when I developed the ability to place calls and listen to voicemails between devices in synergv 1/2

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote