webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Year-old Pre 3 suddenly won't fetch Google Apps Email (Gmail ok) & may not sync
Year-old Pre 3 suddenly won't fetch Google Apps Email (Gmail ok) & may not sync
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By MCompeau
  • 2 Post By MCompeau
  • 1 Post By dkirker
  • 2 Post By Rnp

Old 04/17/2013, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Betweeen 7:45 EST and 8:35am EST today, my compeau.net (google apps domain) email stopped fetching on my TP and my Pre 3. This happened once before, about a year and a half ago, at which time I thought I was being hacked, and rapidly changed my email login-- However, this time I was able to get to a PC to establish that my PC works fine for fetching, so it is isolated to just the WebOS devices (again?). I see online that this occurred for a period of two days about a year ago (April 28-April 30 of 2012) and am wondering what anyone else knows, or has experienced relative to this.

Message here, or email me at mike.compeau@gmail.com, as that address still works. =) Thanks folks, you're great!
Mike
(yeah, still won't give up on my webOS!-- been with Palm since 1997)
MCompeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by MAMISHO likes this.
Old 04/17/2013, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rnp

Some Google services have problem with many users since yesterday...

Best Regards...
Old 04/17/2013, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
*Moderator in Memorium*

could have been a google services issue... I woke up around 6:30 PST this morning and my Pre3 and TP both had the notification to check my google login. I have two accounts on each device, only one of them needed the password reentered and appear to have been fine since. Just a thought.

Oh and check this too
Unable to log into Gmail

<didn't merge due to not necessarily being the same issue yet>
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 04:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'll check on PC.

Email began working about 80 min later. Re-entered password, and voila! All working again. Stupid Google. )sigh(
MCompeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and Cantaffordit like this.
Old 04/17/2013, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think that there was an issue with having to re-enter Google email credentials from time to time.

I do know that syncing contacts and events may not happen because the webOS client does not rate-limit its requests, so Google with drop them... I haven't discovered a work around... yet.

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
dkirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Cantaffordit likes this.
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover
Old 04/18/2013, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rnp

Quote:
I think that there was an issue with having to re-enter Google email credentials from time to time.
No, was a problem with the Google servers.

Now, it's all right.

Best Regards...
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and Cantaffordit like this.
Thanked By: OldSkoolVWLover