Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys
    i do have a Pre 3 where, which happens to me the first time, I switch on the bluetoth and it goes and goes and goes and it does find nothing and I canīt stop it it. It would run endless if I would not restart the device. Any help is appreciated many thanks in forward.
    Last edited by maatko; 04/16/2013 at 03:01 PM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Hi guys
    i do have a Pre 3 where, which happens to me the first time, I switch on the bluetoth and it goese and goes and goes and it does find nothing and I canīt stop it it. It would run endless if I would not restart the device. Any help is appreciated many thanks in forward.
    I have seen this on my PrePlus and Pre2 (both with webOS 2.2.4), neither had an issue with webOS 2.1.x, I have never seen this issue with my Pre3 (with webOS 2.2.5), PixiPlus (with webOS 2.1.2), Veer (with webOS 2.2.5), or Touchpad (with webOS 3.0.5).

    A Full shutdown (wait a few), power on solves it everytime for me..

    FYI Some have also reported this issue when they bring over the MAP parts from webOS 2.2.4 to webOS 2.1.x for PrePlus/Pre2/Veer.
  3.    #3  
    Does not work out. Who could give me a hint, what do. Thanks guys!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Does not work out. Who could give me a hint, what do. Thanks guys!
    Sorry for the delay but what are the MAP parts?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Sorry for the delay but what are the MAP parts?
    Message Access Profile (part of a Bluetooth Profile), so if one goes to Device Info, then to More Info at the bottom, between the PHONE and NETWORK dialog boxes there is a Supported Bluetooth profiles:

    my webOS 2.2.4 shows HFP/HSP, A2DP, PBAP, PAN, AVRCP, OPP, SPP, MAP, HID.

    There is a wiki on how to bring these webOS 2.2.4 parts to webOS 2.1.0 on Pre/PrePlus/Pre2 and Veer (webOS 2.1.1/2).

    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...Legacy_Devices

    As Bluetooth webOS 2.2.4 components were not designed very well (seems to have broke some car kits pairing), maybe they had to remove something to add MAP?, there were timing issue related to the kernel components and when the Bluetooth stack was invoked, as I have this issue in webOS 2.2.4 as well so could be a bug in the webOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth components (although I have seen this on all my devices that can do MAP), a reboot fixes it for me. YMMV.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 05/09/2013 at 02:47 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Message Access Profile (part of a Bluetooth Profile), so if one goes to Device Info, then to More Info at the bottom, between the PHONE and NETWORK dialog boxes there is a Supported Bluetooth profiles:

    my webOS 2.2.4 shows HFP/HSP, A2DP, PBAP, PAN, AVRCP, OPP, SPP, MAP, HID.

    There is a wiki on how to bring these webOS 2.2.4 parts to webOS 2.1.0 on Pre/PrePlus/Pre2 and Veer (webOS 2.1.1/2).

    MAP Bluetooth Legacy Devices - WebOS Internals

    As Bluetooth webOS 2.2.4 components were not designed very well (seems to have broke some car kits pairing), maybe they had to remove something to add MAP?, there were timing issue related to the kernel components and when the Bluetooth stack was invoked, as I have this issue in webOS 2.2.4 as well so could be a bug in the webOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth components, a reboot fixes it for me. YMMV.
    Thanks for your quick response John, the bluetooth worked fine up to know no problems frome one day to the other first the camera start app dis not function I can see only the camera icon forever than ther the bleuetooth stoped working proper. It stucks on the circle foreever.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    Thanks for your quick response John, the bluetooth worked fine up to know no problems frome one day to the other first the camera start app dis not function I can see only the camera icon forever than ther the bleuetooth stoped working proper. It stucks on the circle foreever.
    When I see camera/Bluetooth issues, that sounds more like a hardware issue then software, although it could be software got corrupt (hard reset with a f s c k)...

    A trip to a command line on the device and validate using integcheck -ipkg (integrity checker), to validate the software... if that says there are no issues, then I would point to hardware.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    When I see camera/Bluetooth issues, that sounds more like a hardware issue then software, although it could be software got corrupt (hard reset with a f s c k)...

    A trip to a command line on the device and validate using integcheck -ipkg (integrity checker), to validate the software... if that says there are no issues, then I would point to hardware.
    hard reset with afsck, I asume this is keyboard letter combination, but that will also erase all the apps which are already been installed?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by maatko View Post
    hard reset with afsck, I asume this is keyboard letter combination, but that will also erase all the apps which are already been installed?
    A hard reset is when the devices either crashes or it's battery is pulled, or a user reset the device (power and ringer switched three times), when this happens the file systems can get corrupted, file system checker ( f s c k, really is one word but the forum thinks I am swearing...) checks each file system partition for corruption and tries to fix it.

    When it tries it could fix the file or could kill the file...

    integcheck -ipkg (on the device)...
  10. #10  
    Make sure MAC addresses are filled in on Device Info when the radios are on. If they're not there, it's either a hardware or tokens issue.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Make sure MAC addresses are filled in on Device Info when the radios are on. If they're not there, it's either a hardware or tokens issue.
    The MAC adresses are shown. For WIFI and Bluetooth.
  12. #12  
    Hey All,

    Is this thread still alive?

    @maatko did you manage to fix the issue?

    following a recent HW fix to Veer (SIM tray cable was fried, don't know how that happened) now the phone is up and running but ever since i lost both wifi and BT.

    Doctored the phone a few times, on the activation screen i can see the dimmed wifi indicator but it disappears afterwards and i get the spinning wheel.

    I tried integcheck -ipkg using Terminus on my Veer but ...

    1- Command runs and generates a few lines but the screen and the font is too small and i can't figure out the outcome but i'm sure nothing useful happened coz i still don't have wifi nor BT.

    MACs are shown on the device info so i know they are available ...

    plz help i need them despiratly.

    Thx !
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Hamad View Post
    Hey All,

    Is this thread still alive?

    @maatko did you manage to fix the issue?

    following a recent HW fix to Veer (SIM tray cable was fried, don't know how that happened) now the phone is up and running but ever since i lost both wifi and BT.

    Doctored the phone a few times, on the activation screen i can see the dimmed wifi indicator but it disappears afterwards and i get the spinning wheel.

    I tried integcheck -ipkg using Terminus on my Veer but ...

    1- Command runs and generates a few lines but the screen and the font is too small and i can't figure out the outcome but i'm sure nothing useful happened coz i still don't have wifi nor BT.

    MACs are shown on the device info so i know they are available ...

    plz help i need them despiratly.

    Thx !
    Hy Hamad
    sorry but I gave up I have to say, WEBOS is not longer worth to think about. I am preparing to sell my both Pre 3 and the chargers and ... . So sorry about.
  14. #14  
    Oh come on don't say that! the little devil I have has been nothing but a nightmare so far and I live in a country where Palm devices literally doesn't exist and I'm screwed if anything goes wrong with the device or if my charging cables goes bad yet there is something addictive about WebOS

    I'm sure the community would hate to loose a WebOS enthusiast. But all the luck my friend

    Cheers !


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. #15  
    Update:

    Doctored the Veer once more with no results.

    Updated to 2.2.4 ... Still dead



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Hamad View Post
    Update:

    Doctored the Veer once more with no results.

    Updated to 2.2.4 ... Still dead



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not sure but if you were to go to the device using novaterm (command line via a usb cable), you might be able to get the messages under /var/log to see if the drivers are finding the device during boot?

    If it is not then I suspect hardware (cable got disconnected or heat caused a part to fail?)

    Post a copy of the messages log if you want others to review.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Not sure but if you were to go to the device using novaterm (command line via a usb cable), you might be able to get the messages under /var/log to see if the drivers are finding the device during boot?

    If it is not then I suspect hardware (cable got disconnected or heat caused a part to fail?)

    Post a copy of the messages log if you want others to review.


    Thanks Johan,

    Hmm ... Can you guide me to a link with a crash course on using novaterm? Is there a Ubuntu variant? I'll do some google-fu and will report back,

    I really hope that it's not H/W related coz the nearest HP service center is a few thousand miles away! I checked a Veer tear down tutorial a while back but It didn't mention which is which when it comes to antennas, I was wondering if it is something I can do my self? I'm being cautious coz currently this is my main device.

    Thx!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. #18  
    Hey John,

    I didn't get the chance to research novaterm nor pull the log file out but I ran a couple of commands on the veer using Xterm and the results doesn't look promising, I mainly tested the BT which is a bit more important.

    For example PmBtStack returns:

    BT is already powered on
    Unable to open serial port (no such file or directory)
    PANIC: failed to start the BlueCore transport (tech 0, reason 17)
    ****ERROR:[SIG]: Received SIGABRT, stopping PmBtStack
    [STACK]: palmsniffer deinit
    Illegal instruction

    As for PmBtStart:

    DEBUG: _powerd_server_up_connected was true (powerd is already running)
    CsrSched: external send registered
    displaying: peer_com: waiting for connection ...

    Device freeze completely at that line and I have to hard reset to revive it :/

    Hope that gives you a hint for a fix.

    Thanks !


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. #19  
    John,

    got the log file, attached for your reference and looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thx!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Hamad View Post
    John,

    got the log file, attached for your reference and looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thx!
    That log is the WiFi log I wanted the messages log file(s) it will include a boot log...

    An easy way to make sure there is only one file:

    Use novaterm and go to /var/log and either rename or delete your choice all messages.* (As the log gets full it gzips it and creates a new one)...

    Then reboot the device and it will collect a new messages with a boot log...

    We need to know if the Bluetooth hardware is seen? (from your above post it seems the Bluetooth software has triggered the device but it can not find the device)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Patch Request: Turn off "Swoosh"/"Card Swipe Up" Sound.
    By DretheAce in forum webOS Patches
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10/09/2009, 08:15 PM
  2. Why doesn't "Turn on Bluetooth" work on 750wx??
    By mharpen in forum Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02/23/2008, 07:17 PM
  3. How to turn off "Missed a call" and "New Voicemail" alerts
    By skyrush in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05/17/2005, 08:15 AM
  4. "turn on" speed (not the 'never turns on' bug)
    By skeezixcodejedi in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04/16/2005, 11:48 PM
  5. ZLauncher Shortcuts to "Bluetooth" and "Network"
    By NX01 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/04/2005, 06:45 AM

Posting Permissions