Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By eblade
  • 1 Post By ananimus
  1.    #1  
    I know there are a few other threads about Pre 3 and networks, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. So if anyone can help that would be great. I'm using Frankenpre 2 on sprint and thinking about picking up Pre 3 from Ebay. I would like to know what's my best option in terms of network. I want the best internet speed and want all the phone features to work. If someone could help me that would be great.
    I would say either ATT or Tmobile they would give you the best results I use or used a Pre 3 on TMO and it gve me 3g but im sure ATT may give HSPA+
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    The GSM models were built for AT&T, and the Verizon models for Verizon, so those are probably the best places to use them. In many areas, T-Mobile is now using the same frequencies as ATT, so you may be able to H+ in those places if you had T-Mobile, but you'd be much better with ATT.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb81 View Post
    I know there are a few other threads about Pre 3 and networks, but I haven't found what I'm looking for. So if anyone can help that would be great. I'm using Frankenpre 2 on sprint and thinking about picking up Pre 3 from Ebay. I would like to know what's my best option in terms of network. I want the best internet speed and want all the phone features to work. If someone could help me that would be great.
    The best coverage and speed would be Verizon.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    The best coverage and speed would be Verizon.
    Why is that? I thought the At&t Pre 3's had 4g capabilities whereas the Verizon's Pre 3 did not.

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4g using Tapatalk
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    The other thing you have to consider is do you want a contract? As far as I can tell you can't use the Pre 3 with AT&T unless you sign up for a plan, the same goes for Verizon. I am currently running my Pre 3 on Walmart Family Mobile which is powered by T-Mobile. I get unlimited talk text and data for $40 a month. In my area only certain places get 3G speeds and this isn't my main phone so I might be biased in saying this, but even on edge the speeds aren't horrendous. You can get by with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    If you go to an official at&t store you can sign up your Pre 3 month to month, no long term contract.
    I use straight talk with their at&t sim option

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I use straight talk with their at&t sim option

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Except Straight Talk no longer has AT&T SIMS. If you try to get one on their website, or Walmart.com... It redirects you to the T-Mo SIM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    That's sucktastic.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb81 View Post
    ATT month to month worked great for me, i'm having some weird issues with my Verizon phone with Google calendar. May not be the phone, but boy I cannot figure it out. ATT worked like a dream, but my company is on Verizon so i switched, thinking of switching back for functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    The otherPre3. thing you have to consider is do you want a contract? As far as I can tell you can't use the Pre 3 with AT&T unless you sign up for a plan, the same goes for Verizon. I am currently running my Pre 3 on Walmart Family Mobile which is powered by T-Mobile. I get unlimited talk text and data for $40 a month. In my area only certain places get 3G speeds and this isn't my main phone so I might be biased in saying this, but even on edge the speeds aren't horrendous. You can get by with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Signing up for a plan doesn't equate to signing a contract. You can be month to month if you so desire and still have full voice and data access.

Oh, and back to the original question - I get hspa+ performance on at&t when I pop my sim into my Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by scjjtt View Post
    Why is that? I thought the At&t Pre 3's had 4g capabilities whereas the Verizon's Pre 3 did not.
    It's FauxG (HSPA+). Although I'm also using a Pre 3 with Straight Talk AT&T SIM, and can say I regularly get 2 - 4 Mbps. Pretty solid, IMHO. And better than typical CDMA speeds of ~1 Mbps (read: Verizon Pre 3).

Folks who have T-Mo HSPA+ on 1900 MHz band report 10 Mbps, typical. Coverage of the 1700->1900 conversion here: Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)

Edit: Correction. The Pre 3 peaks out at 7.2 Mbps. The Veer FauxG can go up to 14.4 though.
    Last edited by ananimus; 04/20/2013 at 04:07 PM.
    scjjtt likes this.