Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mpcollins
  1.    #1  
    Dears, I met one big issue when I install Preware on my HP Pre 3.
    My device info. is as below.
    PC: Windows 7
    HP Pre 3 OS: 2.2.4
    WQI version: 4.5
    Preware: 1.9.12

When I selected Preware, and click install.
    After over 1 hour, it 's still under installing.
    I reboot my Pre 3 and PC, and then re-install Preware...the same situation.
    Could anyone help me?
    Thanks so much in advance!!
    Hi,

did you follow the instructions from this wiki page?
    Mainly, did you put your Pre in developer mode?

As far as I remember, I did not run into problems following these steps when I installed preware.

Hope that helps,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
    You got a good network/wifi connection on the PC?

If the Pre3 were not already in 'Developer Mode', then WOSQI would probably not even recognise it..

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4.    #4  
    Dear both:

1. YES, I already turn ON developer mode and then connect to my PC,
    2. my PC connect to my fiber DSL modem directly, other browsing is very smoothly.

I'm wondering if Preware 1.9.12 has some problem? or WQI version 4.5 is too new??
    I am running a Pre3 / 2.2.4 on Preware 1.9.12 and WOSQI 4.5.0 with WinXP no problem.

Did you already check in here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals for alternative methods of installing 'Preware'?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    I am running a Pre3 / 2.2.4 on Preware 1.9.12 and WOSQI 4.5.0 with WinXP no problem.

Did you already check in here: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals for alternative methods of installing 'Preware'?
    it's still not workable..
    I tried the ""standalone", but when I click ""install"..it show error message...
    "Installation of Preware has failed.

*** Please try again ***

If you continue to recieve errors post %temp%\Installer.log to forums.precentral.net"

Because I can open my WQI..so I think my Navocom is ok...
    OMG...
    The standalone installer is extremely old. You'll have a better chance if you shell in and download the install script.
    And when you hit the 'Global' button in WOSQI, it correctly names your device and scans/parses your Pre3 for any installed App & Patches etc?

9.    #9  
    Dears..
    Thanks so much for your assistance. it's my fault.
    I click "USB" mode instead of "Charge" mode on Pre3.
    That is why I cannot install successfully.
    ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by evanpan View Post
    Dears..
    Thanks so much for your assistance. it's my fault.
    I click "USB" mode instead of "Charge" mode on Pre3.
    That is why I cannot install successfully.
    ^^

Hhmm.. yes! That would help!
    Glad you are there with it now anyway!

Was there ever a resolution for this problem? I am having the same result as well. I have taken the same steps there were mentioned above. These are the steps that I have taken:

* note: Novacom installed last night when I tried this process
    * Turn on Dev mode on phone
    * Plug in phone and choose to charge
    * Open WebOS Quick Install
    * Click on globe
    * Page showing available packages opens
    * I type in Preware and hit enter
    * I click on install
    * Window showing Installing & org.webosinternals.preware_1.9.12_arm.ipk opens. A circle with an arrow chasing an arrow is moving between a image of a PC and a phore displays. Time is 3:15.
    * At 3:39, install is still running.
    * At 3:54, install is still running.
    * At 4:03. the time that I am sending this, the install is still running, *** corrected sentence
    * At 4:25, ending install.
    * I forgot to say that I was not able to close via X. Neither was I able to close via taskbar. I had to go into task manager to cancel process. *** added last
    Last edited by mpcollins; 06/17/2014 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added info about task manager
    On the occasions I've had that happen, a device restart or a device/pc restart always fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    On the occasions I've had that happen, a device restart or a device/pc restart always fixed it.
    That did it, thanks! Preware loaded right up!!!
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpcollins View Post
    That did it, thanks! Preware loaded right up!!!
    I switched to my new/replacement Pre 3 a few days ago. I'm trying to load Preware to restorre my backed-up stuff. I cannot get Preware to load at all. I have done all the steps listed above, to no avail. Can anyone tell me if s/he had to go through any extra steps to get theirs to load? Could it by chance be the particular device that I have: a [supposedly] 4G from AT&T, according to the box it came in?

Thanks
    I switched to my new/replacement Pre 3 a few days ago. I'm trying to load Preware to restorre my backed-up stuff. I cannot get Preware to load at all. I have done all the steps listed above, to no avail. Can anyone tell me if s/he had to go through any extra steps to get theirs to load? Could it by chance be the particular device that I have: a [supposedly] 4G from AT&T, according to the box it came in?

Thanks
    Preware should work just fine on your phone. What exactly is it doing when it fails to load?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/22/2014 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Preware should work just fine on your phone. What exactly is it doing when it fails to load?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I just reviewed this page and I think that I missed a step. I'll try it again tonight and let you know if that solves the problem.
    I just reviewed this page and I think that I missed a step. I'll try it again tonight and let you know if that solves the problem.
    Ok, I got it working. And I now realize that I am screwed. I didn't consider that the saved data went to the USB, so I didn't make a copy of it. My 2 is stuck in a loop and I can't use it anymore. Drat.