Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I was looking for a Touchpad dock when I spotted it! $350 with $10 shipping. I am not selling it someone else is

HP Palm Touchstone 2 with Audio Out Phone not Included Extremely RARE | eBay
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    While I'd love to have it, I'd love to have $350 a little more, I think.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    boovish likes this.
    Thanks for sharing the find, Boovish. I remember seeing one a few weeks back selling for about this price too. Definitely a premium price for what I understand to be a somewhat unfinished product. Word is these don't have the highest of audio clarity, might be an engineering issue. Still, I would love to have one, but not for twice what I paid for my Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    Thanks for sharing the find, Boovish. I remember seeing one a few weeks back selling for about this price too. Definitely a premium price for what I understand to be a somewhat unfinished product. Word is these don't have the highest of audio clarity, might be an engineering issue. Still, I would love to have one, but not for twice what I paid for my Pre3.
    The audio isn't bad, according to the review I read. But it does fit the Pre 3 better than the old Touchstone.
    Yikes. Owning one, I can tell you it's not worth nearly that much, unless you deem the collectible novelty to be worth an extra $300...

And the audio quality isn't bad, but it certainly isn't great either.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoAlex View Post
    ...I remember seeing one a few weeks back selling for about this price too...
    It was selling for exactly that price... It's the same auction and this is the third or forth thread pointing it out.

LOL to casual observers it appears that a whole slew of these Touch Stone 2 audio docks are being released. They are not. One was being sold by a member here and was bought by a member here...

Every 2 to 3 weeks someone else stumbles across the expired auction and reposts it is all.

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    It was selling for exactly that price... It's the same auction and this is the third or forth thread pointing it out.

LOL to casual observers it appears that a whole slew of these Touch Stone 2 audio docks are being released. They are not. One was being sold by a member here and was bought by a member here...

Every 2 to 3 weeks someone else stumbles across the expired auction and reposts it is all.

Well, from what it looks like, the same seller (based out of SF) has been posting new auctions. I've been following them all. These were the prices:

$325+$0s&h (sold)
    $350+$10s&h (sold)
    $375+$10s&h (expired)
    $350+$10s&h (current)

{EDIT} The last auction has been pointed to a few times in multiple threads. And died... Read the forums folks! {/EDIT}

Unfortunately, this person thinks that they'll be able to get >$300 for them... (This idea may have been reinforced by the first two selling at all... likely due to the "if I don't buy it now, some one else will and I'll never get one!" mentality.)

I would likely NOT pay >$250USD for one, unless there was a compelling reason to (or if I just had the money to throw away -- I don't, it is tax season). $250 is a stretch (I even indicated this to the sellar!). Oh well.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post

There are at least three because I paid the "Yikes" price for the one , and there are at least two on eBay right now for similar prices (mine was a smidgen lower in price, but not much). One is for sale by the same person, and another one is for sale with an additional empty Touchstone 2 shell by someone else.

I think the audio quality is fine, but it's more suited to Nirvana than to Vivaldi. Silent stretches are not really silent -- there's an audible buzz.

This may sound strange, but while I don't think it's worth what I paid for it, I am glad I got it. It does hold the Pre 3 better than the original touchstone, and the Bluetooth audio feature is both useful and pretty cool!
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    $325+$0s&h (sold)
    That was me.
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    -carldc

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    likely due to the "if I don't buy it now, some one else will and I'll never get one!" mentality.
    If you add, "...and I REALLY want one!", that would be me.
    -carldc

Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    If you add, "...and I REALLY want one!", that would be me.
    Yeah... Me too.... My problem is... I may *owe* money for taxes... I still need to compute student loans and write-offs... *sigh*

The buzzing I believe is due to bad grounding. You might be able to fix that yourself. Here's a good start: Eliminating Home Theater Hum and Noise
    Did you know:

&*#$& grrrrrr Now I am really tempted to get one! (I kinda like the black outside.)
    Did you know:

So does anyone else have the problem with though pre 3 sliding a bit in the middle of the night and it makes the battery charge sound will you fix it?
    Smartphones: Nokia 5230 > Palm Pre 2 > Nokia 701 (returned) > HP Pre 3 > BB Z10 (save me from it) + HP Touchpad
    Cars: 1993 Subaru Impreza AWD > 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

LinkedIn: Matthew Mers
    Twitter: MatthewMers
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Yeah... Me too.... My problem is... I may *owe* money for taxes... I still need to compute student loans and write-offs... *sigh*

The buzzing I believe is due to bad grounding. You might be able to fix that yourself. Here's a good start: Eliminating Home Theater Hum and Noise
    Thanks for the tip!
    -carldc

OK... Every time I have seen a link it is to a closed auction with the exact same picture as the original one...

I stand corrected.
    That seller's confused about a phone he's selling, it's listed as a Pre 3, available in either white or black. Looks like a Veer to me.
    Free New HP Pre 3 Phone Set Charger Dock Charger Earphones Batteries USB Cord | eBay
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Yes, you can tell that those are Veers by their size in comparison to the Touchstone.
    The batteries in the pic are Veer batteries, which is a surprise...
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    &*#$& grrrrrr Now I am really tempted to get one! (I kinda like the black outside.)
    It's not too late...
    -carldc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast