Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmers View Post
    So does anyone else have the problem with though pre 3 sliding a bit in the middle of the night and it makes the battery charge sound will you fix it?
    If you mean the original Touchstone, yes. There's a lot of discussion about fixing that on here. See: make your classic touchstone hold your pre 3 better. Look especially for the discussion of using magnetic strips or of small metal magnets several pages into the discussion. I personally think those are the best solutions.

As for the Touchstone 2 Audio Dock, it holds the Pre 3 much better than the original touchstone. You sort of slide the Pre 3 down into a 'magnetic pouch' as the dock's face kind of grabs the phone. Since the face has basically a big dimple in the middle, (see: HP Touchstone 2 available) contact with the phone is around the entire circle. I think it's noticeably more secure than an unaltered original touchstone.

In fact, since the Touchstone 2 is lighter than the original 'hockey puck', the problem is that getting the phone often means inadvertently picking up the entire combination of phone and dock.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Rnp likes this.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    That seller's confused about a phone he's selling, it's listed as a Pre 3, available in either white or black. Looks like a Veer to me.
    Free New HP Pre 3 Phone Set Charger Dock Charger Earphones Batteries USB Cord | eBay
    I wish the Veer could be on verizon, I like little phones, not 8 inch ones or 6.3 inch ones
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12