1.    #1  
    Sorry for my english,

I have a PRE 3. I have my contacts in gmail, so all my contacts are sync with my Gmail. Sometimes I can not do call because mi pre says me "you can not do international calls".....ok, I go to preferences and counts...and my pre seems to search parameters.

well, I am From PERU. I write my phone contacts : +51 9878028... then when I receive a call appears contactīs photo and I know who is.
    But when I receive a sms (from same contact) appears: +519878028.. an d I dontīt know who is.

ok, I change the form. I record contactīs number: 9878028...(without international code) then:

when I receive a call appears 519878028.. and I donīt know who is.
    t when I receive a sms (from same contact) appears contactīs photo and I know who is.

One solution I see, is to record both numbers (+51 9878028... and 9878028...) in a same contact, then when this person calls me, I know who is.

Somebody can help me? Why mi pre search operator if I have it manually when I go to preferences?

thanks, many thanks......... I donīt think to change webos...it is the best SO!
    Quote Originally Posted by nc31002 View Post
    Sorry for my english,

I have a PRE 3. I have my contacts in gmail, so all my contacts are sync with my Gmail. Sometimes I can not do call because mi pre says me "you can not do international calls".....ok, I go to preferences and counts...and my pre seems to search parameters.

well, I am From PERU. I write my phone contacts : +51 9878028... then when I receive a call appears contactīs photo and I know who is.
    But when I receive a sms (from same contact) appears: +519878028.. an d I dontīt know who is.

ok, I change the form. I record contactīs number: 9878028...(without international code) then:

when I receive a call appears 519878028.. and I donīt know who is.
    t when I receive a sms (from same contact) appears contactīs photo and I know who is.

One solution I see, is to record both numbers (+51 9878028... and 9878028...) in a same contact, then when this person calls me, I know who is.

Somebody can help me? Why mi pre search operator if I have it manually when I go to preferences?

thanks, many thanks......... I donīt think to change webos...it is the best SO!
    I'm not sure if this is your problem but have you set the country code to +51?

Open regional settings and there should be a selection under 'Phone numbers'.

I'm not sure if this the right place but it's the only one I could find. Basically the phone needs to know what your local country code is so it can ignore it in contacts. In my case it is +44 and I can have contacts with or without the preceding +44 and it works fine for both calls and texts even when I am roaming in another country.
  3.    #3  
    calls and sms works!..that is not the problem.....the problem is that I donīt know who is in he call or in SMS
    I noticed that some of my contacts with more than one account, eg FaceBook + Phone number, sometimes the Google Phone accout had a blank heading for Name, just edit and select google account in profile of contacts per contact ID.

when blank all you see is phone number for ID.

This seemed to only be for merging phone numbers in existing contacts. when merged phone number is not given a name.
    I also make sure I have country code in every phone numer using +XX and remove first 0 of mobile number.
    I live in Bulgaria and Macedonia. Same problem so I have the numbers with and without the country code.

Simple solution.

Charles