1.    #1  
    Hi,
    At least once a day it seems as if my PRE3 "freezes" i.e. I open the mail-app and no mails (no inbox or any box) I open the messaing-app and no messages (just a blanc screen) the facebook-app never loads (the same for the phone-app).
    I have to reboot the device and then the apps works again. It started a week ago but the phone has been running 2 months.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by dsimonse; 03/16/2013 at 02:32 AM. Reason: misspelled
    It's the MojoDB freezing issue, probably. No solutions yet, though you can try to delay autocompact.
    application database full?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #4  
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    It's the MojoDB freezing issue, probably. No solutions yet, though you can try to delay autocompact.
  5.    #5  
    How do I check that?

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    application database full?
    Quote Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
    How do I check that?
    check here first for older replies on the subject including how to sput the var/db issue
    "The application database is almost full"?

also try deleting the following which may or may not help

/var/luna/data
    and delete filenotify.db and downloadhistory.db

/var/log
    and delete ALL messages.blahblah, ie, messages, messages.0.gz, messages.1.gz etc

/var/file-cache/attachment
    delete the whole folder, then re-create the attachment folder, the subfolders inside you may have seen before wiping it will auto recreate when required.

/var/file-cache/email
    do the same as above, delete the email folder then recreate it.

also you can edit

/etc/PmLog.conf

change all instances of

File=blahblah.log
    Rotations=(whatever default number)

to

File=/dev/null
    Rotations=0

i have done this and i get zero of the main log files clogging up my system, ive been doing this for a while and have not had any adverse effects as of yet.

-----

Workaround for Application Database is Full error | webOS Nation
    also this is more recent and helps address, understand and solve the issue.
    Non of the paths you've specified are pertinent to the problem. They all point to different partitions.
    This isn't a Application Database almost full error guys. I've been looking at this particular issue on my Pre3 for a while (post fixing the app database issue).

They are related in the sense that they involve mojodb, but nothing further.

What happens is something (either an internal db operation, or something else) causes mojodb to just hang (running top shows it between 40%-70% CPU utilization). Generally the safest way to fix this for the short term is to reboot the device. I've also been able to stop the mojodb service and immediately restart it. (The downside with restarting the service is you might be killing a bunch of watches that have been placed on the db, so your system *may* become unstable.)

I'm looking into it in my free time. Tempted to compile the mojodb stuff from open webOS (should pretty much be mojodb from webOS 3.0) and give it a try. That will also let me hunt down the fix quicker.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  9.    #9  
    Ok, I sit steady in the boat and keep on rebooting for a while then .
    Let me know if ther's something I can do to help - outputs, tests ... I'm not a developer, but anyhow if I can help in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    This isn't a Application Database almost full error guys. I've been looking at this particular issue on my Pre3 for a while (post fixing the app database issue).

They are related in the sense that they involve mojodb, but nothing further.

What happens is something (either an internal db operation, or something else) causes mojodb to just hang (running top shows it between 40%-70% CPU utilization). Generally the safest way to fix this for the short term is to reboot the device. I've also been able to stop the mojodb service and immediately restart it. (The downside with restarting the service is you might be killing a bunch of watches that have been placed on the db, so your system *may* become unstable.)

I'm looking into it in my free time. Tempted to compile the mojodb stuff from open webOS (should pretty much be mojodb from webOS 3.0) and give it a try. That will also let me hunt down the fix quicker.
    Let me know if ther's something I can do to help - outputs, tests ... I'm not a developer, but anyhow if I can help in anyway.
    Sounds good. It really is an annoying problem.... (duh! :P )
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Non of the paths you've specified are pertinent to the problem. They all point to different partitions.
    you and others have mentioned that, but when its actually happened to me I've done the above and the issue went away, I also have not had to do the "proper" fix of increasing the partition space.

as such I can only say this works for me and I've done it around 4 times so far successfully, its also why I listed the "proper" method.
    You may want to check this workaround if the DB is actually dropping out once a day: TP needs daily re-boot
    You may want to check this workaround if the DB is actually dropping out once a day: TP needs daily re-boot
    does the media indexer play any part in db's filling up?, i do recall one time i accidentally added 28,000+ c64 sid files into a folder on my touchpad to play using the MoDo music player in preware, when i did this my email stopped working, many apps failed to open or do anything then later i got one of my "you must reboot blah blah - device must reset" messages.

I did manage to copy some of my logs before the wipe which at the time i didnt know how to avoid, and when i looked at them there was literally heaps and heaps of error messages (from the media indexer?) regarding all the c64 sid files i had, this was remedied later ofc by putting them in a hidden folder instead of normal.

basically, does the media indexer also fill up a database and eventually sprout errors as well? i keep meaning too but still havent tried your indexer patch to filter out various "bad" files i dont want indexed. I was confused by the error as i didnt think the media indexer would recognise or care what a .sid file was, or maybe its something other than the media indexer having an issue with some files?
    The media indexer has its own database for tracking files, and also puts entries into the main database for apps to use. I don't think .sid files would get indexed into the main DB, but it would certainly fill up /var for the indexer file tracking DB.