Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    So how does the Pre 3 fit on the Touchstone 2? Does a Pre 1 or 2 fit and hold as well?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Handspring Visor -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre Plus -> Developer Day Pre 2
    32Gb Touchpad, 32Gb Touchpad 4G w/ CM10 onboard
    Pre 3 waiting in the wings for a good reason to switch
    Quote Originally Posted by rboerger View Post
    For $375 the seller could at least offer free shipping!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Actually he does (scroll down) - within the US anyway!

Still - !!!
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/17/2013 at 12:58 AM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbates View Post
    So how does the Pre 3 fit on the Touchstone 2? Does a Pre 1 or 2 fit and hold as well?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Very well. You just kind of slide the phone downward onto the Touchstone 2 until it magnetically catches. Kind of like setting it in a magnetic pouch. I have an old Pixi that sits quite nicely on the new touchstone and charges just fine. I imagine the older pres will do so as well.

Unlike the flat face of the original touchstone, the new one essentially has a big dimple on the surface (for a picture, see: HP Touchstone 2 available). The Pre 3 comes into contact all around the edge of the dimple, for a very firm feel.

In fact, if there's any problem, it's exactly the opposite of the original touchstone. Instead of the Pre 3 not contacting well or coming off too easily, this one stays snug. The new touchstone is actually a bit lighter than the old "hockey puck", so the danger is that when you pick up the phone, the touchstone will come with it.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12