Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    % bought a Pre3 last week, and loved a lot about it. But no sync with gmail calendar. I tried some other services like yahoo as week. Anyone working with something that works as far as calendar syncing: =re, touchpad, Mac.

My pre2 seems to be working.

<edited by staff>

Oh, and this site for comments doesn't work on my pre2. Zoom is glitch. Dying breaths of webos?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/24/2013 at 06:31 AM. Reason: removed 'for sale' item - please follow our rules
    Sync and webosnation working fine here... ?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Sync and webosnation working fine here... ?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Thanks,

Are you using a pre3 with the regular gmail set up? Before my Exchange active sync broke it worked,
    but now that doesn't seem to be an option.
    Exchange on Gmail may not be the best option right now, since they're not accepting new device registrations.
    before adding google account, apply patch 'google sync behaviour' by frantid. Then add standard google account again (not google via exchange).
    nope, google's exchange support is probably going buh-bye, use the standard google account. My Pre3 has two gmail accounts setup, and my TouchPad has 4. All are working.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hi,

I just added a calender entry using my Pre 3, synced almost immediately with my GMail calender. I have the account setup as a Google account on my Pre 3.

I'm sure if you do sell it someone will buy it and be happy with a synchronising Pre 3 and Gmail

Barry
    sync ok here, using ubercalendar if that makes any diff.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I don't have the sync behaviour patch, just stock bones, and it's working fine. Standard GMail sync, not Exchange.
    I missed my opportunity, I jumped to the train to late. Just bought Pre3 (loving it btw) and spent ages looking for proper sync solution before reading about Google dropping EAS for new users. Great, I had to export all my contacts to csv and setup mail through imap.
    The contacts sync works just fine. I don't get the big deal with EAS. I find it rather annoying (security provisions and whatnot admins can't bother to unset where it's not their business to care), and the webOS implementation always tell me to enter my credentials again when it can't sync, even when the data connection is off.
    gmail working fine here, all setup as standard gmail setup
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    gmail working fine here, all setup as standard gmail setup
    Thanks everyone for your input. I must have had a lemon because I never could get gmail to sync, and the GPS was buggy as well. So, sent it back. Using my pre 2 with exchange active sync (I had an existing account) and things work instantly. It's good to be back with something that just works.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by revtskillings View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input. I must have had a lemon because I never could get gmail to sync, and the GPS was buggy as well. So, sent it back. Using my pre 2 with exchange active sync (I had an existing account) and things work instantly. It's good to be back with something that just works.
    I've got a Pre3 that won't sync my additional (shared) google calendars. my pre just worked. I picked up a second Pre3, going to see if that one just works. I think there is a tiny bug that some folks have and some don't. Too many responses of "it just works" and "it just doesn't work."
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My experimenting shows that the Sprint Pre, the ATT Pre3 just work with multiple google calendars, but the Verizon Pre3 will display the multiple calendars but not allow modification of them (even though they are my calendars and I can modify them on my touchpad, my computer and any computer browser, my ipod touch and my ipad).

I don't know what is different about the Verizon Pre3 that makes these multiple calendars not work. The ATT and Verizon seem awfully similar in other aspects.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ferglaw View Post
    I've got a Pre3 that won't sync my additional (shared) google calendars. my pre just worked. I picked up a second Pre3, going to see if that one just works. I think there is a tiny bug that some folks have and some don't. Too many responses of "it just works" and "it just doesn't work."
    bog standard google calendar/weather etc showing happily on my pre3, shows up fine on ubercalendar/agendaZ, i do have the google calendar behaviour patch, but then i assumed everyone does by now.

adding new events via google works fine, and adding events via ubercalendar and having it save changes to my google account instead of palm also works fine.

weird yet again people experiencing different results.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    before adding google account, apply patch 'google sync behaviour' by frantid. Then add standard google account again (not google via exchange).
    Adding the "Google Calendar Sync Behaviors" patch via Preware worked for me (though it took a couple of hours for my Pre3 to sync my Google calendar). You might also want to add Tweaks from Preware so you can tweak the settings of the patch.

Google Calendar Sync Behaviors patch
    I've had a Pre and now Pre3 for ages and never felt the need to sync the calendar, now that I'm giving it a go I see it won't sync, I mean I click on sync but nothing is transferred to my Gmail account, it's just empty, that's wrong isn't it? I installed all the relative patches and tried and retried a lot in the last few days but the Gmail calendar always stays completely empty, any clues?

EDIT: amazingly I got it working
    Last edited by crowning73; 08/27/2014 at 04:03 AM.
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I've had a Pre and now Pre3 for ages and never felt the need to sync the calendar, now that I'm giving it a go I see it won't sync, I mean I click on sync but nothing is transferred to my Gmail account, it's just empty, that's wrong isn't it? I installed all the relative patches and tried and retried a lot in the last few days but the Gmail calendar always stays completely empty, any clues?

EDIT: amazingly I got it working
    HOW? would be nice to know
    Quote Originally Posted by kanda3 View Post
    HOW? would be nice to know
    Have you had a look at ALERT: Google account sync broken on webOS devices (and a fi... - HP Support Forum - 3748952 ? I've just re-doctored my pre3 and used WOSQI to install the gsync-1.2.patch and now my google stuff syncs fine.

WOSQI 4.5.1
    http://pivotce.com/2014/08/31/tip-pr...eware-v1-9-13/

Gsync-1.2.patch
    [Patch] Google sync https fix (unknown error on sign in)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast