1.    #1  
    Just activated my 2nd ATT Pre 3. (the 1st was stolen) The phone is currently running 2.2.0 and I'm wondering whether I really need to update the software to 2.2.4 . This phone seems quicker all around compared to my 1st one that was running 2.2.4. I understand that Skype is a major part of 2.2.4 but I can live without that. Has anyone done this or rolled back to 2.2.0? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by darbykidd View Post
    Just activated my 2nd ATT Pre 3. (the 1st was stolen) The phone is currently running 2.2.0 and I'm wondering whether I really need to update the software to 2.2.4 . This phone seems quicker all around compared to my 1st one that was running 2.2.4. I understand that Skype is a major part of 2.2.4 but I can live without that. Has anyone done this or rolled back to 2.2.0? Thanks.
    Skype can be very nice if you travel internationally. The other big feature in 2.2.4 (and the big reason I upgraded my Pre3 recently) is for the DARE (Disk At Rest Encryption). The data on the phone is encrypted when the phone is off. This offers you an increased level of privacy protection if you lose the phone.

You might want to check out the meta-doctor script which turns the AT&T Pre3 into a "vanilla" webOS install. Its called meta-att-pre3-vanilla-2.2.4. It removes the AT&T apps and returns some GSM functionality (like picking your GSM network).