Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    So I had been using a Pre2 for a couple years and I moved to a Pre3 about a month ago. I connected my Pre3 to my existing Palm Profile account so my apps and contacts would transfer. I noticed after I connected my Palm Profile that my contact list didn't seem to be current. I ended up exporting my contacts from my Pre2 and importing that into my google account and connecting that to my phone so it would pull in the info I was missing.

Well last night my partner happened to look at my call log in my Pre3. There were numbers there that i'm not sure who they were and I could not account for. My phone indicated these calls were made in February 2013. After at looking at some other numbers that were also in February I saw that one was a cab service I hadn't used since 2011 and some of my contacts listed showed numbers that had been long since changed. It looks like my Palm Profile incorrectly synced some information from the past. It was strange that it was also only some information. My log doesn't show much of my phones last call history just some and says that these calls were made last month. It seems these calls were made 2 years ago so of course I don't recognize numbers (and would if I had actually made these calls on my new phone).

Life sucks when technology fails
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads
    The inital problem is that your partner can watch your call-log - no just kidding.

I havent't heard of a syncing while Palm Profile already running a month as it can only be downloaded once at first login and then only backs up.

Could it be that your Pre2 did not have correct backups and so your inital transition in Feb 2013 already had that errors only having data from 2011? You already mentioned your Palm transfered contacts weren't correct, so perhaps last backup was 2011.

Always look at your last backup state in "Backup" or Impostah to see the last months backups.

I also had a big data loss back in 2009/2010 when Palm backup Servers failed big time and they even had to pay i think 30bucks to US Palm users. But i haven't had such a thing since then, but i'm very suspicious since then and regulary export my contacts and even set up my own cloud PIM solution.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Heh I know right. I was sitting right there and didn't think their would be anything noteworthy in my phone. But my partner didn't understand why my phone said there were calls made at specific times last month and I didn't know who they were to (# not in my contact list). I was able to demonstrate though that my phone log said I made calls that was impossible for me to make since the numbers were no longer active. Sucks I got in a fight though over a technology error.
    650p | 755p | Centro | Pre | Pixi | Pre 2 | Pre 3 | 2 Touchpads