webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Trying to activate a used Verizon Pre 3
Trying to activate a used Verizon Pre 3

Old 02/26/2013, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Good evening,

I'm currently a Verizon Droid Razr Maxx user,(long time webos fan, had treo 755p, og pre, veer,) but managed to snatch a used Hp pre 3 through a local craigslist vendor. He had used the pre 3 a while back and simply left it in his shelf after moving on from verizon.

Unfortunately, I have not had any luck in activating the phone. The esn is good (Verizon verified) . I have managed to log onto verizon and change the meid to the pre 3's meid. I have doctored numerous times with latest doctor. I have done the ##000000#, enter both sets of numbers, hit advanced, entered 000000 at home sid, verified that my home sid is correct. Reset my A KEY. All with the help of verizon techs yet have had no luck. ##rtn, shows that all my info is correct. I have taken the sim card that came with the phone out and doctored the phone with and without.

I normally just get the 'scanning cdma' and randomly get verizon wireless pop up for 2 seconds or so. *228 doesn't work as I have no bars. I'm thinking that I might need to get a new sim card? Not sure if thats impeding the process.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

The sim card in a Verizon 3G device is for international use only, that's not the problem. How does the signal look in the same location on the Razr? If the signal is good, you may have a problem with the phone itself.
Old 02/26/2013, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
The sim card in a Verizon 3G device is for international use only, that's not the problem. How does the signal look in the same location on the Razr? If the signal is good, you may have a problem with the phone itself.
Reception is great on the razr maxx...even took the pre 3 with me in the car today as I went to the gym hoping some outside air and better reception would do the trick. :/
Old 02/26/2013, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Where are you located? I never see Pre 3's in CL here in Connecticut. I've got one, but the volume buttons don't work-I'm always looking for spares.
Old 02/26/2013, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
Where are you located? I never see Pre 3's in CL here in Connecticut. I've got one, but the volume buttons don't work-I'm always looking for spares.
I'm located in Miami, FL. It was the first pre 3 I had seen on there and for 80 bucks it was a good buy. I was hoping to activate it and use it as a weekend phone.
Old 02/26/2013, 07:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
I'm located in Miami, FL. It was the first pre 3 I had seen on there and for 80 bucks it was a good buy. I was hoping to activate it and use it as a weekend phone.
You say you've doctored to the latest version. It is 2.2.4 right? It simply won't activate if it's not on 2.2.4. I'm in Miami also and I just activated my Pre3 on Page Plus over the weekend. Did you verify the PRL? Mine is 53000 (*228 option 2). The only numbers you need are your MIN, MDN, PRL and CDMA ID (4152).
fatclue_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I can send you an updated prl file 53018, I used qpst to grab it from my preplus, injected it into my pixie plus, pre2, and pre3, all see Verizon towers, all no longer show roaming... YMMV pm me is you want me to send it to you, it did work for others when they had this issue... But I never associated these devices to Verizon.
John Steffes is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
activating, verizon pre 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0