webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Loss of calls, text & data in my house?
Loss of calls, text & data in my house?

Old 02/24/2013, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ok - looking for the WebOS detectives to solve this one...

I have an unlocked Pre 3 operating on Rogers. It's been awesome up until the last few days, where there are times where I can't make or receive calls, texts or data in my house. Here's the details (if you need more info, ask):

- phone is fully functional outside of house
- service is sporadically at the house, but nothing consistent to isolate a cause
- when I go into "Preferences" in the Phone app, it will show a hazard/exclamation mark (similar to icon on this message) on Call Forward and Call Waiting during the times when there is no service
- I've bought a new SIM card, with no change
- I've disabled the WIFI, but makes no difference
- It shows ROGERS in the top left corner and 4 bars of signal
- no preware or any developer mode
- tried to find WebOS Doctor - from my Palm profile, it has all my SN's, but says that it is not a valid serial number

Can't think of any other information - ask if you need to know!

HELP!
CanuckPalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Any chance you recently put up metal siding/roof? Also, did your carrier switch frequencies?
bassman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: CanuckPalm
Old 02/25/2013, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

You sure you got an AT&T one? Only that one works fully with Rogers/Bell/Telus.

Without the UMTS 850 you'll constantly drop back to 2G.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 11:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

@bassman - no new siding or roof. Visited my service provider and there was no information about a frequency change.

@toni - yep, it's definitely an AT&T one - the blue & white screen of shame shows up every time I restart it...

Would a hard reset help? is it worth the risk/time?
Old 02/25/2013, 11:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

I still can't imagine it's related to the phone, especially if it was working fine a few days ago. Have you tried another phone?

You could try a hard reset, but I doubt it'll help. Where exactly did you get the phone from?
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/25/2013, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Picked it up from California on Ebay - they were great, unlocked it for me & were great to deal with.

working on getting a hold of another phone to try the SIM on it - my wife's phone (on a different network) seems unaffected...

Will post if anything changes!

Thanks for the input!
Old 02/25/2013, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

UPDATE

After a day of investigation, it ends up that my neighbour was experiencing the same thing. Called Rogers and it is now a Tier 2 Escalated Ticket (whatever that means) and I should receive an answer/solution in 24-72 hours.

Thanks WebOS Nation for your insight and help!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0