webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre 3 not charging with USB but with TS?
Pre 3 not charging with USB but with TS?

Old 02/22/2013, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
thg
Homebrew Developer

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with a "new" used Pre 3 I got yesterday.

The device is in very good condition and as far as I can say, everything works. I also made the update from webOS 2.1.0 to 2.2.4 without any problems and charging on the TouchStone works as it should.

If I connect the USB-cable from the charger (I tried 3 different), I get the charging sound and the battery-symbol shows that is is charging. But the Pre 3 drains the battery instead of charging and Govnah shows me -130 mA.

Any idea on that?

Thanks a lot,
thg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2013, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

I had one charger in my car that gave the same symptom as you report, it was because it doesn't tie the two data pins together like it's supposed to in order to signal that it's a high-current source. What kind of chargers did you use? And did you try different USB cables?
trwrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/22/2013, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
thg
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwrt View Post
What kind of chargers did you use? And did you try different USB cables?
I tried two different Palm-chargers, both with their own cable, and two other chargers I often use to charge other Pre's.

In addition I also tried an USB-cable connected to my laptop.

The hardware-tests of the Pre 3 are saying that everything is OK, what is not true, because the battery is draining for sure!

So I don't think that it is a problem with the charger ...
thg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
usb charging battery

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0