Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree30Likes
    iPhone only workable if jailbreak; otherwise can't even write an email and then attach a photo halfway thru or even know where photos are on the phone because no file manager. I think there is a real place for blackberry and hope it does well.
    If jailbreak I would go for iPhone; without jailbreak stick w pre3 or go look at blackberry when it comes out in 2 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    iPhone only workable if jailbreak; otherwise can't even write an email and then attach a photo halfway thru or even know where photos are on the phone because no file manager. I think there is a real place for blackberry and hope it does well.
    If jailbreak I would go for iPhone; without jailbreak stick w pre3 or go look at blackberry when it comes out in 2 weeks
    Un-jailbroken iPhone 4S, which I have barely gotten much into:

Write an email? Easy as pie, tap the square with a pen in it, bottom RH corner of the email screen.

Insert a photo in that email? Easy as pie, tap where you want it to go in the message, tap on the black arrow thing, and then tap 'insert photo; it takes you to all the photos (the phone 'knows' where they are), you select one, then it inserts it and you hit 'send'.

As them Apple enthusiasts say: it just works.
    It is at our mother's knee that we acquire our noblest and truest and
    highest ideals, but there is seldom any money in them. . Mark Twain
    said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by grankin View Post
    Insert a photo in that email? Easy as pie, tap where you want it to go in the message, tap on the black arrow thing, and then tap 'insert photo; it takes you to all the photos (the phone 'knows' where they are), you select one, then it inserts it and you hit 'send'.
    Thanks, I hadn't found that yet. Shame you can only attach pics and videos that way though.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 03/16/2013 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Thanks, I hadn't found that yet. Shame you can only attach pics and videos that way though.
    There's a nifty acronym that dates back to the early days of the 'net that fits here very nicely: RTFM.
    It is at our mother's knee that we acquire our noblest and truest and
    highest ideals, but there is seldom any money in them. . Mark Twain
    said that.
    There's a nifty acronym that dates back to the early days of the 'net that fits here very nicely: RTFM.
    Manual? What the bleep is that? I have opened it once in a while, but honestly there isn't much need to. I would never have looked for this in the manual, I would have googled it. But it wasn't a burning issue, so I hadn't looked for an answer.

Write an email? Easy as pie, tap the square with a pen in it, bottom RH corner of the email screen.

Yes, but what kinda "smartphone" won't let you attach real documents from compose email scene. Is this for kids or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Yes, but what kinda "smartphone" won't let you attach real documents from compose email scene. Is this for kids or something?

Thanks. I'm glad Apple finally added this (added in iOS 6 so must have been only last fall). If they could add the photos and videos, I'm wondering why they couldn't add the docs without us having to jailbreak for it.

I would say "it just works" with jailbreak; without jailbreak some things "just work"--meaning the things Apple want to work do and for the other things, you are out of luck. Also there are websites that serve up some kind of euniched apple mobile version when you use them on iphone or ipad, that isn't apple's fault but would be a reason to go for a device that is less popular ( I still keep my touchpad around for browsing even though battery is running down and certain sites don't work).

It took 4 months plus to get a jailbreak for ios6 which is why I won't be rushing to update to ios7 when it comes out some months down the road.
    RumoredNow likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12