webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre3 won't sync to my webOS account
Pre3 won't sync to my webOS account

Old 02/21/2013, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Pre3 threw another "application database is getting full" error. Eventually the phone got locked in the HP flashing logo so I decided to doctor it and then eventually use Tailor to re-size the partitions so I don't have to deal with the database issue for a third time.

However....after the doctoring the Pre3 won't sync to my webOS account details. I tried doctoring it with and 2.2.0 and 2.2.4. I then removed the phone from my account, since I don't store any contact details on that account and then tried to sync it again. Same problem after around 70% done it bombs out...

I desperately need to re-attach my phone back to my account. Any suggestions?
I have a TP on the same account and I saw on some thread that it could be causing an issue, but I don't want to have to wipe and re-install everything on the TP as well.

So I want to avoid experimenting by removing the TP and then retrying the Pre3.

Do you guys have any suggestions/solutions? I am desperate.....

Many thanks in advance
Vas
VasTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 04:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
My Pre3 threw another "application database is getting full" error. Eventually the phone got locked in the HP flashing logo so I decided to doctor it and then eventually use Tailor to re-size the partitions so I don't have to deal with the database issue for a third time.

However....after the doctoring the Pre3 won't sync to my webOS account details. I tried doctoring it with and 2.2.0 and 2.2.4. I then removed the phone from my account, since I don't store any contact details on that account and then tried to sync it again. Same problem after around 70% done it bombs out...

I desperately need to re-attach my phone back to my account. Any suggestions?
I have a TP on the same account and I saw on some thread that it could be causing an issue, but I don't want to have to wipe and re-install everything on the TP as well.

So I want to avoid experimenting by removing the TP and then retrying the Pre3.

Do you guys have any suggestions/solutions? I am desperate.....

Many thanks in advance
Vas
I recently synched 2 TPs to the same account using 'backup' and it took *7* long winded attempts for it to complete - with stalling at various intervals in the process! Try again? - and again?
Perhaps first registering a new profile/account for the Pre3 and then re-doctoring and attempting to re-download back on your existing profile might iron out the glitch?
Mutoidi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/21/2013, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
I recently synched 2 TPs to the same account using 'backup' and it took *7* long winded attempts for it to complete - with stalling at various intervals in the process! Try again? - and again?
Perhaps first registering a new profile/account for the Pre3 and then re-doctoring and attempting to re-download back on your existing profile might iron out the glitch?
I must have tried 10 times now....

I just registered it under a new account and that worked ok. I will also give it a proper wipe now that I have access to the phone clearing all partitions and I will re-doctor with 2.2.4 and then try syncing to the original account. This is really annoying

Thanks for the suggestion. I will let you know if it worked....

Vas
Old 02/21/2013, 05:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

OK.
I hope it comes right for you.. yes, they are great when they are working..
but...
Look 4ward to hearing.

Old 02/21/2013, 06:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
OK.
I hope it comes right for you.. yes, they are great when they are working..
but...
Look 4ward to hearing.

It registers fine with a new email. I did a secure wipe. Re-doctored with 2.2.4 and again can't sync.....ggrrr....

If by end of today I haven't managed to sync, I may be putting it on ebay and go getting a BB10 or a Windows8 phone !!!

I need my phone !!!! Damn you HP !!!!!

I will keep retrying to sync.....Do you have a Pre3 too? unfortunately the first part of syncing has to happen via the SIM. I am wondering if its something to do with my data plan? I can't turn on the phone just on wifi I don't think...

Vas
Old 02/21/2013, 07:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
It registers fine with a new email. I did a secure wipe. Re-doctored with 2.2.4 and again can't sync.....ggrrr....

If by end of today I haven't managed to sync, I may be putting it on ebay and go getting a BB10 or a Windows8 phone !!!

I need my phone !!!! Damn you HP !!!!!

I will keep retrying to sync.....Do you have a Pre3 too? unfortunately the first part of syncing has to happen via the SIM. I am wondering if its something to do with my data plan? I can't turn on the phone just on wifi I don't think...

Vas
At least it is registered now.
I don't *yet* have a Pre3!
Take the SIM out - and try just on Wifi?
Don't ebay the unit just yet.. someone else here may yet know exactly what your glitch is!
Old 02/21/2013, 07:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
At least it is registered now.
I don't *yet* have a Pre3!
Take the SIM out - and try just on Wifi?
Don't ebay the unit just yet.. someone else here may yet know exactly what your glitch is!
Well it is registered with the new email account that has no apps....etc so it's useless....at least I know it is not the phone....When I try to register it with my proper account it keeps failing

I will try to register it again with the new email, then put it on wifi and then try to swap the account....see if that works....

Right now I wanna smash the phone !!!! Together with any other HP hardware.....

Vas
Old 02/21/2013, 07:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Well it is registered with the new email account that has no apps....etc so it's useless....at least I know it is not the phone....When I try to register it with my proper account it keeps failing

I will try to register it again with the new email, then put it on wifi and then try to swap the account....see if that works....

Right now I wanna smash the phone !!!! Together with any other HP hardware.....

Vas
Yeah.. I started to feel the same way by the 7th attempt.
I did actually do a 'refresh' backup from the other machine to the HP servers.. and shortly afterwards the second machine got it all.. I just recalled that.
Worth a try?
Old 02/21/2013, 07:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah.. I started to feel the same way by the 7th attempt.
I did actually do a 'refresh' backup from the other machine to the HP servers.. and shortly afterwards the second machine got it all.. I just recalled that.
Worth a try?
Ok I had a try....Once I sync with my new email/webOS account I can only reset the phone in order to change my email/webOS account. Then I lose all wifi settings. So the first step has to happen via 3G/4G. When on my new account I can see that my bespoke tabs from my original account are being created. Looks like part of the re-sync is working but I don't know what is failing. There must be an app that bombs it out !!!!

Do you mean hit "Back Up Now" ? I don't see "Refresh Back Up" on the touchpad. I did try turning it off and then back on between my attempts to sync. I will re-run the backup now.....

I saw something in the forums about conflicts because the Pre3 is on 2.2.4 while the TP is on 3.0.5. So I may have to reset my TP too before I can re-sync my Pre3. but seriously that will waste me several evenings.....

However I haven't seen a definite solution hence my post....

Vas
Old 02/21/2013, 08:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok I had a try....Once I sync with my new email/webOS account I can only reset the phone in order to change my email/webOS account. Then I lose all wifi settings. So the first step has to happen via 3G/4G. When on my new account I can see that my bespoke tabs from my original account are being created. Looks like part of the re-sync is working but I don't know what is failing. There must be an app that bombs it out !!!!

Do you mean hit "Back Up Now" ? I don't see "Refresh Back Up" on the touchpad. I did try turning it off and then back on between my attempts to sync. I will re-run the backup now.....

I saw something in the forums about conflicts because the Pre3 is on 2.2.4 while the TP is on 3.0.5. So I may have to reset my TP too before I can re-sync my Pre3. but seriously that will waste me several evenings.....

However I haven't seen a definite solution hence my post....

Vas
Gah! Boring!
Yes, I meant 'refresh' the backup.. ie. just do it again!
2.2.4 seems to have created more glitches than 2.2.3 ever held?
Surely not the TP as well?

~*~
Old 02/21/2013, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Gah! Boring!
Yes, I meant 'refresh' the backup.. ie. just do it again!
2.2.4 seems to have created more glitches than 2.2.3 ever held?
Surely not the TP as well?

~*~
For the Pre3 there is either 2.2.0 or 2.2.4 and I have tried with both....
The problem seems to be on my account....seriously thanks HP !!! I'm so furious now

I updated the backup on the TP and that makes no difference for my Pre3.
In theory they should be different anyway since they run different versions of the OS.

If I get rid of my Pre3 I will definitely get rid of my TP too.....
Old 02/21/2013, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
For the Pre3 there is either 2.2.0 or 2.2.4 and I have tried with both....
The problem seems to be on my account....seriously thanks HP !!! I'm so furious now

I updated the backup on the TP and that makes no difference for my Pre3.
In theory they should be different anyway since they run different versions of the OS.

If I get rid of my Pre3 I will definitely get rid of my TP too.....
Sorry.. yes, you are talking about the Euro/unlocked Pre3? Only 2.2.0 or 2.2.4.
This is infuriating for you - but someone may have the right answer for you here
if you can be patient!
You see I transferred from a 3.0.5 wifi only machine to 3.0.5 4G machine.. so same basic OS, yes.
Boring!
Old 02/21/2013, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

It might have something to do with that backup authentication glitch a few months ago. Go and bypass activation (you should be able to bring up the dialer and type in ##devmode# (try different combinations of # and * if that doesn't work). Then use Impostah to apply the webOS Account on your phone. Backups may need to be checked out, so if you can't access them I might be able to whip something up to get around it.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: VasTheGreek
Old 02/21/2013, 03:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
It might have something to do with that backup authentication glitch a few months ago. Go and bypass activation (you should be able to bring up the dialer and type in ##devmode# (try different combinations of # and * if that doesn't work). Then use Impostah to apply the webOS Account on your phone. Backups may need to be checked out, so if you can't access them I might be able to whip something up to get around it.
Impostah solved it !!! Many thanks mate I actually used my new webOS profile since I had to use the phone as a phone....and then just installed impostah and changed the account details. All my purchased apps are showing in the list. I need to start installing them and hopefully it will all be well

You really saved me !!! Well webOS Internals too (new donation to the guys on the way) !!! Else it would have been a new phone for me next week !!!

Many thanks again
Vas
Old 02/22/2013, 08:38 AM   #15 (permalink)

YaY!

Really glad your issue was solved - before you chucked it out!!
Old 02/27/2013, 06:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

I have a similar issue on my AT&T Pre3. So strange. Ive been getting application database almost full errors, then one day my camera stopped working and my phone refused to play media files. So I doctored my phone and when I tried to sign back in to my profile, I would get data not restored errors. If i power the device off and then turn it back on again there is no data connection, but I see that it is on the carrier network and has signal strength, just no data. The only way to get it to show H+ again is to re doctor the phone. It will, however, restore my data from a second webOS profile. I've tried it with both of the Pre3s that I have and same thing. Both lose data connection after a restart from a failed data not restored error.

So I am doctoring my device with 2.2.3 right now and I looked this thread up as I am doing so, and now it would seem like that will not make a difference. I will give it one try, and if it fails I will re doctor again with 2.2.4, sign in with my spare profile, then try impostah.

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0