Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes
    would it be correct to believe that if one were to install 2.2.5, one would not be able to install Uberkernal or many of the other goodies available from WebOS Internals?
    Uberkernel will be gone, patches should still work since apps are still identical :-) You just might need to add the 2.2.4 feeds manually in Preware.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Bump.

So John (and anyone else who went for the ride), anything worth noting after going to 2.2.5 for a while? Are things are less leaky, esp. the browser?
    bethel95 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Getting access to profile & app catalog is easy, just change the /etc/palm-build-info

For example:

Code:
    PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=HP webOS 2.2.4
    BUILDNAME=Nova-WR-Mantaray
    BUILDNUMBER=3175
    BUILDTIME=20111129175844
    BUILDMARK=525914
    On 2.2.5 you could do the following (will show 2.2.5 in Device Info, but HP/Palm servers will see it as 2.2.4 ) :
    Code:
    PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=HP webOS 2.2.5
    BUILDNAME=Nova-WR-Mantaray
    BUILDNUMBER=3175
    BUILDTIME=20111129175844
    BUILDMARK=525914
    Thanks for the info. I'm bored so I'll give this project a whirl.
    Booted, running smooth. Thanks for the script John. Worked like a charm. Battery life is good. Everything works. Not much else to report. All my patches work using 2.2.4 feed and audio with TouchVol app is pretty sweet.
    Almost forgot... signed out of my Palm Profile on the HP server because I couldn't sign back in. Had to devmode and bypass activation then use impostah to gain app cat access and create a new account. The weird part was it let me use my old login and password. I didn't have any paid apps worth re-installing so no big loss. I use my Pre3 as my Bat-phone now and still love it's for and function. The best phone that never was. :'(
    Last edited by matteebee13; 09/15/2013 at 05:57 PM.
    TJs11thPre likes this.
  5.    #45  
    Can't believe that it has been 7 months since I posted this. But sadly, my love affair with this phone ended past weekend. The phone is still working great and the keyboard still awesome. Same thing can not be said for the web browser. A couple weekends' ago, I was triying to look up some info from the web urgently, I just kept getting load errors. Finally bite the bullet and reboot. That's the finally draw for me. The phone was sold off and I reluctantly moved to Android camp now. But I am very happy that part of the phone will become immortal due to you guys' hard work.

Took one last family picture just for the good times!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by red_sun99; 09/16/2013 at 04:51 PM.
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by red_sun99 View Post
    Can't believe that it has been 7 months since I posted this. But sadly, my love affair with this phone ended past weekend. The phone is still working great and the keyboard still awesome. Same thing can not be said for the web browser. A couple weekends' ago, I was triying to look up some info from the web urgently, I just kept getting load errors. Finally bite the bullet and reboot. That's the finally draw for me. The phone was sold off and I reluctantly moved to Android camp now. But I am very happy that part of the phone will become immortal due to you guys' hard work.

Took one last family picture just for the good times!
    Thanks for this. Your leak will forever be a special part of webOS history! (That came out weird)

Update: Mode Switcher saving battery big time. Modified my partitions and memory management is great, no lag. Also figured out how to install Uber Kernel and undervolted -75 across the board for better sleep. Smooth and dreamy. By default all websites are showing in mobile format without any mods and look terrific. Also got my Samsung Smart TV YouTube app to pair up and can control content from my Pre3 for whatever that's worth. Great experience so far. I think the mobile view rendering is new for 2.2.5 but not sure. My 2.2.4 always seemed to show desktop versions. Maybe something was updated in the user agent world recently, not sure.
    Last edited by matteebee13; 09/18/2013 at 04:40 PM.
    so are the updates is it worth doing?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123