webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Move Contacts from PC to Pre3
Move Contacts from PC to Pre3

Old 02/19/2013, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

I have struggled with moving my contacts from my PC to the Pre3 without using the cloud. After searching these forums for a long time and not finding a solution other than the cloud or defunct Aps I finally figured it out. It is really pretty easy. On my PC I used Palm Desktop 6.2.2. After cleaning up my contacts I selected them all - if only one is selected only one will be exported - and exported them with a VCard and saved it on my hard drive. I then attached the file to an e-mail to myself and opened it on the phone. I got the message "Do you want to import all 462 contacts?". I said yes and after about ten minutes all of the contacts were on my phone with no scrambling at all. I had to close the Contacts ap and reopen it to see them all, but they are all there. Then backup to your Palm Profile and it's all done. You can also export your contacts via USB to your PC. Type ##66623# and the Cellbrite ap will open. follow the instructions and voila. Real easy.
Dobrodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: bimmin
Old 02/24/2013, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrodan View Post
Type ##66623# and the Cellbrite ap will open. follow the instructions and voila. Real easy.
#*66623# for GSM phones

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0