webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre3 HP First Boot Image Location
Pre3 HP First Boot Image Location

Old 02/19/2013, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi All,

I've started to customize my pre3. I have terminal access through navacom and I was able to change the transitioning boot images found here:

/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/1.5/

My Pre 3 is also ATT branded and I was able to change the carrier photo which is found here:

/usr/lib/luna/customization/images/

I notice when I restart my phone I now have the boot image and boot image bright I want to use. But when the phone first comes on there is a static HP image. Possibly a BIOS set image? Does anyone know where this is located and how I can update it?

Thanks!!!
Old 02/20/2013, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

It's stored in the NVRAM. I've tried changing it on my TouchPad, but it will only display a colorful moire pattern even though I've tweaked the image to 24BPP and RLE compressed.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2013, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Im not sure what those image formats are but I assume you've seen this:

Bootie - WebOS Internals

It says images must be processed with mkimage first. Not very much info on this out there...
Old 02/20/2013, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's referring to image as in compacted code compilation, not as in graphics.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0