webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Scrolling in the Clock time picker -- problem (very slow, step by step)
Scrolling in the Clock time picker -- problem (very slow, step by step)

Old 02/17/2013, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi!

I've just received my Pre 3. It's a great phone and webOS is a really great OS.

However, there's one thing that's definitely wrong with my software: in the Clock app, when I try to pick a time for an alarm, scrolling over the picker doesn't work as expected, but instead results in an instant (no animation, the length of the finger motion doesn't matter; this looks very "unhealthy") scroll by approx. 30% of the next item.
Therefore, in order to go from 20:00 to 20:10, I need to scroll approx. 30 (thirty!) times. I guess that it's just the first step of the full scroll animation that gets executed -- for some reason, all following "frames" don't get applied.

Does anyone experience this problem as well? Is there any way to reinstall the clock app? Or any other fix?

Best

Lores

EDIT: I've just found the reason for my problem: the patch "webOS Scrollbars". Removing it fixes the Clock time picker. However, as it's a great patch, I'd still be grateful for any clue as to how to escape this conflict.

Last edited by lores0; 02/17/2013 at 07:25 PM.
lores0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hey, great finding. I was wondering this when I tried to setup an alarm on my Pre 2 (2.2.4) a week ago.

It feels faster somehow, perhaps the patch was affecting some other stuff in webkit.

Thanks!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I noticed that too, figured it was one of the patches. Never bothered to figure out which one ,though
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 04:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

It's *not* the webOS scrollbars patch because I have this same problem and I don't have the scrollbars patch installed (I never even had).
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have no problem on my Veer with 2.2.4, but then again got quite some patches that might cause it to work properly.
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 05:55 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
It's *not* the webOS scrollbars patch because I have this same problem and I don't have the scrollbars patch installed (I never even had).
@Vistaus, it's still possible that another patch is causing the same problem. In my case, webOS scrollbars was definitely the culprit.
lores0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 06:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lores0 View Post
@Vistaus, it's still possible that another patch is causing the same problem. In my case, webOS scrollbars was definitely the culprit.
I've also tried it on a clean (reset+Doctor) version on the Pre 3 and the scrolling issue was still there.
Vistaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 06:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
I've also tried it on a clean (reset+Doctor) version on the Pre 3 and the scrolling issue was still there.
There's some choppiness with the pickers on 2.2.4, even just doctored. Perhaps you are confused with that.

This issue is an absolute lack of movement, not a slow one.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 03:03 AM   #9 (permalink)

this doesn't solve the scroll issue, but it resolves the functional aspect: You can use the keyboard to help you out -- tap on the hour / minute field, and then type in the number you want
beetrootred is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0