Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having problems with the YouTube app right now?

    I can search for videos but any that I try to tap on don't open up and play any more.

    I have a feeling it might be the links on the webOS tailored page that opens in the browser when you use the YouTube icon.

    I've tried resetting the phone but that hasn't made a difference.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  2. #2  
    Same here. I don't have the utube icon as I'm using 2.1 with the url bookmarked, but yes that last link does not respond. Need to let google know asap
  3. #3  
    I'm having the same issue


    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the YouTube app right now?

    I can search for videos but any that I try to tap on don't open up and play any more.

    I have a feeling it might be the links on the webOS tailored page that opens in the browser when you use the YouTube icon.

    I've tried resetting the phone but that hasn't made a difference.
  4. #4  
    I'm having the same issue. I hope someone can figure this one out. Thanks
  5.    #5  
    Phew, not just me then!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
  6. #7  
    Can't seem to open videos on YouTube, tap on play doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone else having problems too?
  7. #9  
    if you use the "app icon" to shortcut launch to youtube then yeah the play doesnt click for some reason, if you click the top left icon for the menu pulldown and scroll far bottom, click DESKTOP you will find that works.

    seems both the desktop and mobile variants work fine but our "normal formatted" version seems to not register clicks on play......... all of a sudden.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  8. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Yeah that's it. Was on the mobile browser and didn't think of using search first... :P

    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if you use the "app icon" to shortcut launch to youtube then yeah the play doesnt click for some reason, if you click the top left icon for the menu pulldown and scroll far bottom, click DESKTOP you will find that works.

    seems both the desktop and mobile variants work fine but our "normal formatted" version seems to not register clicks on play......... all of a sudden.
    Yeah, the funny thing is I was trying to load up a video just now, then at the bottom of the video up came this popup asking if I wanted to provide feedback on their "new interface". Something definitely has changed.

    I posted on the Google Product Forums...

    http://productforums.google.com/foru...om/8vSDhoV9Gdk
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 02/17/2013 at 03:03 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    geekpeter likes this.
  9. #11  
    Just wondering what the exact situation is. I don't have a webOS phone, so I can't test things out, but I can try it on the emulator. Is this the YouTube app, or the website?
  10. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Just wondering what the exact situation is. I don't have a webOS phone, so I can't test things out, but I can try it on the emulator. Is this the YouTube app, or the website?
    well we dont have a real youtube app, isnt it just a shortcut that launches the browser, only it seems to send our device id/args or something that makes the page formatted to what we typically see instead of the "desktop" or "mobile" versions, we get this 3rd version and its that version thats apparantly stuck.

    included 3 screenshots of youtube on my pre3 with the standard palm view we get, full desktop and mobile, palm is the broken one, desktop and mobile both work.

    the "normal" one we should get imho is the more pleasing to the eye and easier to navigate, a nicer view to operate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  11. #13  
    Huh... Using the emulator the YouTube app is just a video player. And all this time I thought it was an actual app. Is that the one everyone's talking about? I don't see a YouTube app on the launcher, and the one I extracted from 2.2.4 isn't a full app either.
  12. #14  
    heres the exact link the "app" icon launches on my pre3

    YouTube

    interestingly enough, go there on my PC with firefox, click a vid, then click the play icon on the video and instead of it playing i get a popup asking if i want to open the link with VLC.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  13. #15  
    I see the problem now. I guess it's time to break out the web debugger...

    FWIW, it doesn't work on desktop Chrome either.

    Update: On Chrome it opens a RTSP protocol, which is the same it does for the lite mobile site.
    Update 2: I guess YouTube has switched to RTSP for all mobile, and I don't know how well webOS supports it. Your best bet is probably to use the desktop site, because that at least still attempts to launch the webOS player.
  14. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I see the problem now. I guess it's time to break out the web debugger...

    FWIW, it doesn't work on desktop Chrome either.

    Update: On Chrome it opens a RTSP protocol, which is the same it does for the lite mobile site.
    Update 2: I guess YouTube has switched to RTSP for all mobile, and I don't know how well webOS supports it. Your best bet is probably to use the desktop site, because that at least still attempts to launch the webOS player.
    yeah just got a link for 1 of the vid streams.

    rtsp://v8.cache6.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQmKaJOa6u1TCBMYDSANFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoYJCZ4v6RrZTQUAw=/0/0/0/video.3gp

    the other mobile/lite version was working but now does the same, i only have desktop running now.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  15. trwrt's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    #17  
    I'm having the same problem on my Veer with 2.2.4. I wonder if the YouTube app that came with 2.1.2 on the Veer would still work if we had the .ipk for it? I don't think it used the web browser interface.
  16. #18  
    its working again
  17. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    its working again
    +1
  18. #20  
    <threads merged>



    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions