webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > YouTube videos not opening
YouTube videos not opening
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ToniCipriani

Old 02/17/2013, 07:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Is anyone else having problems with the YouTube app right now?

I can search for videos but any that I try to tap on don't open up and play any more.

I have a feeling it might be the links on the webOS tailored page that opens in the browser when you use the YouTube icon.

I've tried resetting the phone but that hasn't made a difference.
Old 02/17/2013, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

Same here. I don't have the utube icon as I'm using 2.1 with the url bookmarked, but yes that last link does not respond. Need to let google know asap
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 07:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm having the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Is anyone else having problems with the YouTube app right now?

I can search for videos but any that I try to tap on don't open up and play any more.

I have a feeling it might be the links on the webOS tailored page that opens in the browser when you use the YouTube icon.

I've tried resetting the phone but that hasn't made a difference.
jjtkcepm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 07:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

I'm having the same issue. I hope someone can figure this one out. Thanks
jjtkcepm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 07:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Phew, not just me then!
Old 02/17/2013, 09:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Can't seem to open videos on YouTube, tap on play doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone else having problems too?
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 11:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Related?
YouTube videos not opening
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 12:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

if you use the "app icon" to shortcut launch to youtube then yeah the play doesnt click for some reason, if you click the top left icon for the menu pulldown and scroll far bottom, click DESKTOP you will find that works.

seems both the desktop and mobile variants work fine but our "normal formatted" version seems to not register clicks on play......... all of a sudden.
Old 02/17/2013, 01:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
Yeah that's it. Was on the mobile browser and didn't think of using search first... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
if you use the "app icon" to shortcut launch to youtube then yeah the play doesnt click for some reason, if you click the top left icon for the menu pulldown and scroll far bottom, click DESKTOP you will find that works.

seems both the desktop and mobile variants work fine but our "normal formatted" version seems to not register clicks on play......... all of a sudden.
Yeah, the funny thing is I was trying to load up a video just now, then at the bottom of the video up came this popup asking if I wanted to provide feedback on their "new interface". Something definitely has changed.

I posted on the Google Product Forums...

http://productforums.google.com/foru...om/8vSDhoV9Gdk

Pry my keyboard from my stone dead hands. I dare you. Death to all slates.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here

Last edited by ToniCipriani; 02/17/2013 at 02:03 PM.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by geekpeter likes this.
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 02/17/2013, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just wondering what the exact situation is. I don't have a webOS phone, so I can't test things out, but I can try it on the emulator. Is this the YouTube app, or the website?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/17/2013, 03:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
Just wondering what the exact situation is. I don't have a webOS phone, so I can't test things out, but I can try it on the emulator. Is this the YouTube app, or the website?
well we dont have a real youtube app, isnt it just a shortcut that launches the browser, only it seems to send our device id/args or something that makes the page formatted to what we typically see instead of the "desktop" or "mobile" versions, we get this 3rd version and its that version thats apparantly stuck.

included 3 screenshots of youtube on my pre3 with the standard palm view we get, full desktop and mobile, palm is the broken one, desktop and mobile both work.

the "normal" one we should get imho is the more pleasing to the eye and easier to navigate, a nicer view to operate.
Attached Images
File Type: png mobile-works.png (115.0 KB, 28 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png desktop-works.png (197.5 KB, 22 views) Email Attachment
File Type: png palm-notworking.png (332.5 KB, 24 views) Email Attachment
Old 02/17/2013, 06:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Huh... Using the emulator the YouTube app is just a video player. And all this time I thought it was an actual app. Is that the one everyone's talking about? I don't see a YouTube app on the launcher, and the one I extracted from 2.2.4 isn't a full app either.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
Old 02/17/2013, 06:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

heres the exact link the "app" icon launches on my pre3

YouTube

interestingly enough, go there on my PC with firefox, click a vid, then click the play icon on the video and instead of it playing i get a popup asking if i want to open the link with VLC.
Old 02/17/2013, 06:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

I see the problem now. I guess it's time to break out the web debugger...

FWIW, it doesn't work on desktop Chrome either.

Update: On Chrome it opens a RTSP protocol, which is the same it does for the lite mobile site.
Update 2: I guess YouTube has switched to RTSP for all mobile, and I don't know how well webOS supports it. Your best bet is probably to use the desktop site, because that at least still attempts to launch the webOS player.

Last edited by GMMan; 02/17/2013 at 06:47 PM.
Thanked By: geekpeter
Old 02/17/2013, 07:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I see the problem now. I guess it's time to break out the web debugger...

FWIW, it doesn't work on desktop Chrome either.

Update: On Chrome it opens a RTSP protocol, which is the same it does for the lite mobile site.
Update 2: I guess YouTube has switched to RTSP for all mobile, and I don't know how well webOS supports it. Your best bet is probably to use the desktop site, because that at least still attempts to launch the webOS player.
yeah just got a link for 1 of the vid streams.

rtsp://v8.cache6.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQmKaJOa6u1TCBMYDSANFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoYJCZ4v6RrZTQUAw=/0/0/0/video.3gp

the other mobile/lite version was working but now does the same, i only have desktop running now.
Old 02/17/2013, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem on my Veer with 2.2.4. I wonder if the YouTube app that came with 2.1.2 on the Veer would still work if we had the .ipk for it? I don't think it used the web browser interface.
trwrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 12:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

its working again
laingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 05:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
its working again
+1
toto-w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 06:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

<threads merged>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pre3, youtube

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0