webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Pre 3 and People Finder for Latitude is not working
Pre 3 and People Finder for Latitude is not working

Old 02/10/2013, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

just bought the People Finder app for my Pre 3 and was trying to configure it. It started up and acknowledged that it was going to automaticall update my location, which is what i want. However, in order to do that, i must click the button to 'Authorize People Finder'; but when i click it, it pops up a blank page that says: not found error 404. I go back and exit the preferences but it prompts me to again 'Authorize People Finder'. If I try again, I get the same error. If I dismiss, it loads the app, but it merely acts like google maps. I cannot find where to add friends or track others. If I unselect 'auto update' for my location, I can get to the app without prompt but I get the same results. There is an option in the menu for 'back to friends list' but selecting it blanks the page and returns to the maps app as before.

What do I need to do to enable this app?
syeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2013, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Don't know that app, but sounds like links or APIs are outdated in the app itself. I'd suggest contacting the developer. Should be contact info in the app or listed on it in the App Catalog.
ananimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/11/2013, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

the support page is not available. i am trying to contact the developer but feel he has probably moved on (hope not).

has anyone with a pre 3 attempted this app (and more importantly, have they gotten it to work!).
Old 02/12/2013, 02:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Not able to find the App in the App catalogue on my ATT Unlocked Pre 3
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

They may have pulled it. I emailed the developers and they say it should have been pulled. I hope to work with him to resolve the issue and reinstate it (however that is a long shot). Has anyone had any luck with it?
Old 02/14/2013, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't think there are any functional latitude solutions for the Pre3 or any other webOS phone for that matter. Ever since maps went Bing it went to crap. If I am wrong and someone knows how to get latitude working, I'd love to know about it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Vent Mounted Touchstone for Pre3 DIY!
vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
I don't think there are any functional latitude solutions for the Pre3 or any other webOS phone for that matter. Ever since maps went Bing it went to crap. If I am wrong and someone knows how to get latitude working, I'd love to know about it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Would ask the same as vasekvi - was just looking(again) at/for any solutions to having Latitude function on a Pre2 or Pre3. Even if it just logged my location, not as much location of others/friends. Any functionality possible on Google Maps 72ka/Jan has created? (which btw, is a fantastic bit of work).

thanks, James
james H is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0