webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Smashed Pre 3 screen need to use Pre plus temporarily
Smashed Pre 3 screen need to use Pre plus temporarily

Old 02/03/2013, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

I'm obtaining repair estimates. Meanwhile my old pre plus is still operational and would like to use it for a few days. Is there any way to prevent it from wiping out my present profile once I start using it?
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

You could try not registering your Pre Plus for using it temporarily. Just run the activation bypass tool. From what I heard backups won't go back from a newer 2.x device down to the Pre, so you may have more problems than it's worth if you try to log on normally. If you do, though, make sure the Pre 3 can't connect in any shape or form to the Internet or to SMS, otherwise it'll receive a wipe message.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

US based repair will cost almost $400 dollars. Looks like I'll have to move to another smartphone platform. I know I could buy another pre 3 on ebay but with the lack of a case that allows touchstone charging I could face a similar scenario again shortly. I still have a touchpad and will keep an eye on openwebos. I'll wipe my old pre 3 and sell it for parts.
doctj is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0