webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > When I try to change SMS or email ringtones I get the Low battery notification sound?
When I try to change SMS or email ringtones I get the Low battery notification sound?

Old 02/01/2013, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

When I try to change SMS or email ringtones I get the Low battery notification sound after the chosen ringtone plays. So, when a new notification comes in 1) my chosen ringtone plays 2) then it vibrates 3) the low battery notification sounds plays.
Anyway to eliminate #3 where the low ringtone notification plays?
Thanks,
stu5797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

What patches do you have? I randomly get my custom ring tone replaced by other sounds, I have had all my devices patched and it seems to be a slight glitch and not always consistent.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 10:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the response! I have too many patches to name them all. Its really weird what happens
Old 02/15/2013, 12:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

It seems to be a bug with the Pre3. If you make your custom sound longer by adding a couple of seconds of silence on the end, then it will stop the standard sound from playing.
tesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would say I have seen something different, not sure why but I almost daily get an audio glitch that plays the default tone and also kills my podcast playback. Haven't tracked down why, but a reboot fixes the issue for a day or two. I am heavily patched, etc, so I haven't taken the time to track down this slight annoyance.
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/16/2013, 03:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

There were a few issues and ideas in this thread last year anyone getting unwanted extra notification sounds for app notifications?
Old 02/16/2013, 05:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla View Post
There were a few issues and ideas in this thread last year anyone getting unwanted extra notification sounds for app notifications?
Sorry tesla. Unfortunately there is not any useful info in that old thread. I can't believe palm hp could let this just go.
Old 02/16/2013, 06:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

Have you tried making your sound longer yet?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0