webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Switching phones between pre 3 and galaxy note 2 on verizon
Switching phones between pre 3 and galaxy note 2 on verizon
Like Tree5Likes

Old 01/31/2013, 03:37 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
That is what I do. Perform the online activation and then perform the OTA programming. I get all the notifications about the programming and scanning CDMA and programming successful, but this time after all that and the *228 call, the power down and restart. I get a data error which I have never gotten before. Last night was the third time that I have performed this process and this is the only time I have gotten the data error. The only other change was the online process was different too. I don't know I hope there not slowly phasing out the ability to use a Pre3, which is kinda funny because it was never really used....Irony.
So is anyone using a Pre 3 on Verizon and getting data right now?
swalker007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/31/2013, 04:51 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalker007 View Post
So is anyone using a Pre 3 on Verizon and getting data right now?
I am.
Old 01/31/2013, 11:06 PM   #43 (permalink)

I activated my pre 3 today. I needed to call verizon and they didn't know what to do. I gave them the idea to dial ##RTN# and then go to the bottom of the screen and hit reset. It asks for the msl and the default for verizon is 000000. Once the phone came back I had 3g and full bars. Life is good and back on webOS for awhile.
stu5797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: jkromero
Old 02/02/2013, 03:30 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
I activated my pre 3 today. I needed to call verizon and they didn't know what to do. I gave them the idea to dial ##RTN# and then go to the bottom of the screen and hit reset. It asks for the msl and the default for verizon is 000000. Once the phone came back I had 3g and full bars. Life is good and back on webOS for awhile.
It tried this as well and it worked! I didn't know about the ##RTN#. Thanks for that info. Hopefully I can get my messaging problem worked out. Then all will be right with the world..
jkromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 10:07 AM   #45 (permalink)

I called the Verizon to switch my original phone to my new Galaxy Note 2, and they helped me do this quickly.

-------------------------------------------------------
How-to: Use iTunes on Galaxy Note

Last edited by madliu; 02/04/2013 at 02:28 AM.
madliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/03/2013, 10:11 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madliu View Post
I called the Verizon to switch my original phone to my new Galaxy Note 2, and they helped me do this quickly.
Yes but if you want to go back and forth that is where your problem is
Old 02/03/2013, 03:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

SOLVED: I just switched back to my NOTE 2 by calling Verizon. My 4g sim was still active (and it stays active) and there was no problem. You can switch at anytime with no issue whatsoever between the pre 3 and 4g phone! Whoever said they were having issues with 4g sims started a bad rumor. As long as you go back and for on the same account and same phone number you are fine and can do this an unlimited number of times. Sim stays active.
I had a fun ride this weekend with the Pre 3 and I will definitely be back every now and again. Palms multitasking, email, sms apps are simply amazing and fun to use. There is nothing like flicking a card away off of the screenJust type is somethig amazing as well. Just open the keyboard and get rolling. I forgot the touchstone!

Last edited by stu5797; 02/03/2013 at 03:58 PM.
stu5797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 03:13 PM   #48 (permalink)

I have decided to sell my Note 2, it is too big for me, especially compared to the smooth hound sleekness of the Pre 3 and as a bonus the one thing that caused me to sell my original Pre 3 has been fixed, begone auto brightness!!

Sure there is a lot of applications and cool things you can do with the note (and Android in general) but in the end the only thing I will miss is the stratospheric battery life!

Thanks,

Barry
barryb20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0