webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Google calendar synch
Google calendar synch
  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01/27/2013, 12:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
grankin's Avatar
 
Posts: 104
I understand that , while a "traditional" Google calendar will sync one month back and two months forward, an "Exchange" Google calendar will only sync two weeks in the past but unlimited forward (everything after the 1st 3 words swiped from a relevant thread on this forum).

When I went to my Pre+ I laboriously created (using Desktop as a base) a Microsoft Outlook, and then DTA-ed it to the device. I have, subsequenbtly, replaced them with a Pre2 and, recently, with a Pre3.

I had occasion to do a search of back calendar entries (using Google Account Search), and discovered that nearly all of the old (sorta historical) entries are now absent from the phone, though some are present. I'd like, because I'm a tad OCD, to have my device's calendar match completely the Google calendar (I only use one, BTW).

I'm now not entirely sure how to repair this, even after searching the forum, so here's my Best Guess:

1. I create a new Outlook calendar, and export the present Google calendar to it.
2. I purge that Outlook calendar of everything older than 1 month back and 2 months forward.
3. I then DTA that Outlook calendar to the device.
4. I go sniffing through the device for duplicates, but do not get all white-knuckled about it, because I ain't gonna find them all.

Might this do it? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
It is at our mother's knee that we acquire our noblest and truest and
highest ideals, but there is seldom any money in them. . Mark Twain
said that.
grankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2013, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
grankin's Avatar
 
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by grankin View Post
I understand that , while a "traditional" Google calendar will sync one month back and two months forward, an "Exchange" Google calendar will only sync two weeks in the past but unlimited forward (everything after the 1st 3 words swiped from a relevant thread on this forum).

When I went to my Pre+ I laboriously created (using Desktop as a base) a Microsoft Outlook, and then DTA-ed it to the device. I have, subsequenbtly, replaced them with a Pre2 and, recently, with a Pre3.

I had occasion to do a search of back calendar entries (using Google Account Search), and discovered that nearly all of the old (sorta historical) entries are now absent from the phone, though some are present. I'd like, because I'm a tad OCD, to have my device's calendar match completely the Google calendar (I only use one, BTW).

I'm now not entirely sure how to repair this, even after searching the forum, so here's my Best Guess:

1. I create a new Outlook calendar, and export the present Google calendar to it.
2. I purge that Outlook calendar of everything older than 1 month back and 2 months forward.
3. I then DTA that Outlook calendar to the device.
4. I go sniffing through the device for duplicates, but do not get all white-knuckled about it, because I ain't gonna find them all.

Might this do it? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance.
OK, I have found the DTA, buried somewhere in this PC. I have had a good look @ the Outlook calendar (which is not the 'default' one, but is there and complete), but DTA cannot 'find' it, reports that there are no data in Outlook.

So I figured that, Outlook being its own mystery, I would merely convert that calendar from .csv to .vcs, create a new identity in Desktop and import it. Except making the conversion doesn't look all that feasible (trust me, I spent too many hours downloading and testing software).

So I am either missing something about Outlook or about converting the data.
__________________
It is at our mother's knee that we acquire our noblest and truest and
highest ideals, but there is seldom any money in them. . Mark Twain
said that.
grankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0