webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Phoneapp issue
Phoneapp issue
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GMMan

Old 01/26/2013, 07:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

I just swapped from my unlocked PRE2 to a 16GB unlocked PRE3 and experienced some problems that I adress in separate posts.

The phoneapp is not reacting to the keypad entered phonenumbers - as soon as I hit dial the number dissapears and nothing happens.

The phoneapp is not reacting on tapping the numbers entered in the contacts - nothing happens.

The phone app is not reacting on tapping on the call-historynumbers - nothing happens.

The only way I'm able to make a call is by entering a number by the keyboard - but not in the dialpad window - in the callhistory window. That callhistory entry that this succesful call make I can't use.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by dsimonse; 01/26/2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: clarifying the title
dsimonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

The problem is with your Palm profile not completely recognizing your phone. I've been dealing with the same issue for a week. I can set up a new profile on the Pre3 and it works fine, but it has the same issue you describe when I sign in to my existing profile. I have gone back and forth between profiles several times and can't fix it. The biggest issue is not having my backup. I have gone back to my Pre2 again - for the fourth time in a few days - and until I can figure out how to sync my data to the Pre3 through my PC I'm sticking with the Pre2. If you can get your data on to your new phone without the profile backup from your old profile I'd love to know how.
Dobrodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2013, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Well, we're brother in arms here so I hope someone else has a solution for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobrodan View Post
The problem is with your Palm profile not completely recognizing your phone. I've been dealing with the same issue for a week. I can set up a new profile on the Pre3 and it works fine, but it has the same issue you describe when I sign in to my existing profile. I have gone back and forth between profiles several times and can't fix it. The biggest issue is not having my backup. I have gone back to my Pre2 again - for the fourth time in a few days - and until I can figure out how to sync my data to the Pre3 through my PC I'm sticking with the Pre2. If you can get your data on to your new phone without the profile backup from your old profile I'd love to know how.
Old 01/27/2013, 01:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
Well, we're brother in arms here so I hope someone else has a solution for us!
Is there anyone out there that knows how to check/adjust the profile to make this work? With Impostah?? Or?

/Dennis
Old 01/27/2013, 01:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'd say debug the app and see what's up. First try AresLog and see if there are any errors, and if not move on to AresDebug and break where you think the problem occurs.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hi I can't see that AresLog shows anything else other than me changing from dialpad to calllog - but not me entering any call.

Filter (Regex)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
logs from mantaray:
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 96, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 96}, "returnValue": true},palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 99, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 99}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 101, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 101}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 104, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 104}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 104, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 104}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 105, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 105}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.app.phone UI.event(): Event received: 'launch', current state: 'dialpad_card', file:///usr palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:75
com.palm.app.phone UI.event(): Event received: 'windowActivate', current state: 'dialpad_card', file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:75
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 103, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 103}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 103, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 103}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 109, "bars": 1, "maxBars": 5, "value": 109}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 107, "bars": 1, "maxBars": 5, "value": 107}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 105, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 105}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.app.phone UI.enter(): Entering state calllog, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:75
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 102, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 102}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 102, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 102}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 97, "bars": 2, "maxBars": 5, "value": 97}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 92, "bars": 3, "maxBars": 5, "value": 92}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 89, "bars": 3, "maxBars": 5, "value": 89}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 89, "bars": 3, "maxBars": 5, "value": 89}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14

Got some other errors though when the device locked down ...

com.palm.app.phone UI.event(): Event received: 'windowDeactivate', current state: 'calllog', file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:75
com.palm.app.phone UI.event(): Event received: 'lock', current state: 'calllog', file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:75
com.palm.app.phone UI.event(): Event received: 'windowActivate', current state: 'calllog', file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:75
com.palm.systemui SystemUI - Phone Notification {"eventSignal": {"rssi": 92, "bars": 3, "maxBars": 5, "value": 92}, "returnValue": true}, palmInitFramework2112:14
com.palm.app.phone UI.event(): Event received: 'windowDeactivate', current state: 'calllog', file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/0.10/framework/build/enyo-build.js:75
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: Runs 21398, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: Launch Parameters: {"action": "bgcheck"}, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: BGCHECK action --- no mainStageController, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: getAuthObject authkey: swedsi:450536273-jjYgFK3bHRNdfnJAOgEn0Ffh6x0V9MzP94ICk5Lb:RH72f8LvheYjANDHu4XOR41XFqE1gnqwlDAW4nYNE, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: Spaz.Prefs.getAccountType(): twitter, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: auth: {"realm": "twitter", "opts": {"authType": "oauth", "consumerKey": "t94eBtc4Pz2zqo4KhABseQ", "consumerSecret": "PMEkuk4xQpQMY7HqpHZqddzg9TYr4MyJxd8kujivE", "accessURL": "https://twitter.com/oauth/access_token"}}, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: AppAssistant: Loading last ids from prefs: {"home": "297704036340203520", "mention": "249945839529758720", "dm": 1}, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: _getTimeline opts:, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: [object Object], palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/r...8720&count=200 success! data:[], palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/r...8720&count=200 complete:success, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/h...3520&count=200 success! data:[], palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/h...3520&count=200 complete:success, palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: https://api.twitter.com/1/direct_mes...id=1&count=200 success! data:[], palmInitFramework383:2569
com.funkatron.app.spaz Error: https://api.twitter.com/1/direct_mes...id=1&count=200 complete:success, palmInitFramework383:2569

AresDebug:

Started v8 but nothing shows up - but have no idea if I run it correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
I'd say debug the app and see what's up. First try AresLog and see if there are any errors, and if not move on to AresDebug and break where you think the problem occurs.

Last edited by dsimonse; 02/02/2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: additions for AresDebug
Old 02/02/2013, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

had the same issue a few months ago. I solved the problem this way:

1. Save your installed package-list in preware.
2. Use save/restore to backup your appdatas
3. Copy the save/restore-files from your phone to your pc
4. Disable the backup-function in webOS
5. Go to your device-info/reset-options and make a full reset (in german "vollstaendig loeschen")

After that the phoneapp works like charm.

6. Restore the files from your pc
7. Use the saved installed package-list in preware for an easy reinstall of all your apps, patches,...
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: dsimonse
Old 02/06/2013, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

I tried this approach - but I'm in big trouble now ....

I went through point 5 and the device resets and after that I had to log in to my account again and the apps was restored.

BUT .... Now the Quick-install doesn't work anymore - it doesn't reqognize my PRE3 anymore.
After reinstalling the Novacom driver The Quick-install recognizes my PRE2 but not my PRE3 (it wants to reinstall the driver but fails)
HELP!!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgel View Post
had the same issue a few months ago. I solved the problem this way:

1. Save your installed package-list in preware.
2. Use save/restore to backup your appdatas
3. Copy the save/restore-files from your phone to your pc
4. Disable the backup-function in webOS
5. Go to your device-info/reset-options and make a full reset (in german "vollstaendig loeschen")

After that the phoneapp works like charm.

6. Restore the files from your pc
7. Use the saved installed package-list in preware for an easy reinstall of all your apps, patches,...
Old 02/06/2013, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Is Developer Mode enabled?
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by ananimus likes this.
Old 02/07/2013, 02:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimonse View Post
I tried this approach - but I'm in big trouble now ....

I went through point 5 and the device resets and after that I had to log in to my account again and the apps was restored.

BUT .... Now the Quick-install doesn't work anymore - it doesn't reqognize my PRE3 anymore.
After reinstalling the Novacom driver The Quick-install recognizes my PRE2 but not my PRE3 (it wants to reinstall the driver but fails)
HELP!!.
Enable the dev-mode:
Type webos20090606 in just type

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
figgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2013, 05:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hi,

I used the standalone installer to install preware and in that procedure I did put the dev in devmode - installed PreWare and Save/Restore - and suddenly Quick-install also worked. I lost my callhistory and messaging-history and had to manually install a number of patches and redo all of my accounts - but I think I got it all up working now - even the phone-app Thanks to you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgel View Post
Enable the dev-mode:
Type webos20090606 in just type

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 02/18/2013, 11:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

I did all of the above on my Pre3. The phone keypad works now but I lost all of my backed up Palm Profile. I had a feeling that would happen but had a Pre2 with mostly current info. I made the mistake of swapping back to the Pre2 and then lost everything on it when I signed in to my profile. My Touchpad has most of the contacts but the backup is not the same as on the phones for some reason. I don't suppose Touch To Share would swap anything would it? All of the PC to phone aps are no longer supported. If someone has the Companion Link PC program I would love to get it. I bought it and had it on a laptop but later removed it and now can't re-download the program. I'm screwed aren't I?

Last edited by Dobrodan; 02/18/2013 at 11:59 AM.
Dobrodan is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0