Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By dkirker
  1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a Pre 3 off of Craigslist. Everything works great in all. But I noticed the software version says: HP WebOS Nova-Catfish. What does that mean? Should I doctor it?
  2.    #2  
    Well I just doctored it to 2.2.4 and everything went well and works fine.
    Before you doctored, did you find anything interesting?

(My personal opinion is to clone the rootfs first before installing retail versions if the device was a prototype. Just like I would if I ever owned a demo TouchPad.)
  4.    #4  
    Nothing really seemed out of the ordinary. A lot of things didn't work, however. Such as signing into my Palm profile, syncing with Google or Facebook. Wifi didn't work also. And overall the phone seemed extremely sluggish compared to now after doctoring it.
    Catfish = the 2.2.* software. It will show Catfish for internal builds. Looks like you managed to get a prototype device with an engineering build!

(You unlocked the prototype badge!)
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Vistaus, Rnp, xandros9 and 4 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Catfish = the 2.2.* software. It will show Catfish for internal builds. Looks like you managed to get a prototype device with an engineering build!

(You unlocked the prototype badge!)
    That's pretty cool! Sort of like finding a piece of lost art ;-)
  7.    #7  
    Well unfortunately I had to switch back to my Android. Proximity sensor wasn't working, every time I received or made a call the screen would stay black and wouldn't come back on unless I pulled the battery. Wifi also wasn't working.
    What Color is it?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
  9.    #9  
    What color is what?
    Ohhh sorry wrong thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Ohhh sorry wrong thread

Thought you were asking if it was one of the Pre 3's with a white case instead of black ....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I thought I was responding to another thread....but now I'm wondering...was there a Pre 3 with a white back?