Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes
    Seems that the 'Skinomi' carbon fibre adhesive protective skin has provision for at least covering your (damaged) bezel.

Skinomi Carbon Fiber Silver Phone Skin Cover Clear Screen Protector for HP Pre 3 | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I am gonna try to figure out how to use the Microsoft XBox Kinect to generate 3D drawings tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    We'll see how it goes!
    We will.
    Looking 4ward to it!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I would like to see a replacement bezel. Keep my Pre 3 looking sharp. atleast until i can get Open webOS 1.0 on my Nexus 4
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrSchwarz5 View Post
    Hi all,

today I noticed a crack in the front bezel of my Pre3 in the bottom right corner.

Searching here for similar problems I found this thread and so: yes, I am interested as well in a replacement. (Also voted in the poll)

Regards,
    UW
    What ? It's the Pre 3 bezels prone to cracking like the TouchPad plastic construction built around the speaker grill?
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    I think its highly unlikely to be able to get the 3D design drawings from HP themselves, a lot of it will be listed under intellectual property. However, I did come across this in the past:
    DAVID 3D Scanner
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    I think its highly unlikely to be able to get the 3D design drawings from HP themselves, a lot of it will be listed under intellectual property. However, I did come across this in the past:
    DAVID 3D Scanner
    I had reached out to Enda, but received no response... I did buy a Microsoft Kinect, I just need to try to use that this weekend.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I'm not sure if that accuracy of the kinect is sufficient for this project... what accuracy do you need?
    Kinect is quite noisy, actually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I'm not sure if that accuracy of the kinect is sufficient for this project... what accuracy do you need?
    Kinect is quite noisy, actually...
    heh... probably 1mm or so. Maybe even sub 1mm...
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    I have a 3D printer where I work and could run some test models on it to try out. We use an ObJet 3D printer and they are very accurate. Z step is .1mm and overall X & Y is .1mm. The material is not as strong as ABS or PC but good to make mockups. Their 500 series printer can make parts close to ABS if we could find someone who has one of those

I am also a part and tool designer of plastic parts. I could try to model up the parts we need then build a test part to check fit. I can design the mold to make the part and find a shop to run the parts. I'm ready to help if needed. I use Solidworks cad software for design. Also, there is a 3D scanner that just came out for $600 bucks and has a resolution smaller than .2mm.

I just cracked one of my pre3s screen and I am looking for a replacement one if anybody has one.

Thanks,
    Kurt B.
    Rnp and andyhurley like this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123