webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Fid cards in webOS?
Fid cards in webOS?

Old 01/18/2013, 05:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all,

As a satisfied webOS fan, i owned my touchpad and my pre3.
Two months ago, i sent back my Pre3 in warranty for a failure, and bought an android phone instead, waiting for my lovely phone to go back.

But he'll never come back. He's dead! I get a refund, but no more pre3 to buy...
I searched in ebay (im french, so i need Azerty!), but nothing until then. I'll continue to search, because i NEED webos! Android isn't half as great as WebOS.

Now that i have an androphone, i must use it daily, and i found some very useful apps: Shazam (but there's SongID on WebOS, pretty the same), and an app to store all my fid cards. It's great: my wallet is now much lighter!
But i hadn't it on me pre3.

Does it exist on WebOS?
I searched for it, found WOG Card Keeper, but it's no more on the store.

So, i need you. Is there such an app? On preware? On the store?

Maybe its the time for me to say goob bye to WebOS for a time, and persist to love Android?
Maybe. Maybe not.
Zolann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

What are FID Cards?
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, my english is very bad!

By fid cards, i meant fidelity cards, the ones with barcode you give when you do shopping!
They give you points, or cashback.

I hope i explained well enough!
Old 01/19/2013, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolann View Post
Ok, my english is very bad!

By fid cards, i meant fidelity cards, the ones with barcode you give when you do shopping!
They give you points, or cashback.

I hope i explained well enough!
Can you send me a Google Play link so I can have a look to see how this app looks? Recently started developing my first app using Enyo, so it might be something I could do somehow
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 02:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Long time ago (2011), there was on app who did this on WebOS:

WOG Card Keeper

The app on android i talked about whas this one:

FidMe : Toutes vos cartes de fidélité sur votre mobile (iPhone, Android, BadaBlackberry, Windows Phone, Nokia, Java)

Hope it's clearer now.
Old 01/21/2013, 06:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Looks useful but never even thought about it as I have one store card with a bar code. Is it a French thing?
Jimbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/21/2013, 06:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I have an app like this for iOS, I kind of wanted to do something like that for webOS, but never had the time. People use these things all over the place, although I think around where I'm at more have mag stripes rather than barcodes .. but a lot have both.
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0