webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Ford SYNC messaging success with 2.2.4
Ford SYNC messaging success with 2.2.4
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Btravelen

Old 01/17/2013, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

After purchasing a new 2013 Focus for my wife and with her discovery that her Samsung Intensity II non-smartphone would pair and allow SYNC to read texts, I was dismayed when my Pre 2 would not do the same. I did a few searches here and learned that 2.1.0 doesn't have the MAP profile. OK, awhile later I decided to upgrade to a Pre 3 when the price came down to a reasonable sum on Ebay. I then searched when I found that the Pre 3 wouldn't sync to allow text read-back and found that it was likely that the MAP profile wasn't compatible with SYNC. When I tried to use messaging with it, "Your device is not compatible" or something like that was displayed.

Today I went out to run some errands with the Focus and was playing with the SYNC (while waiting for the car wash) when I decided to try to send a message with my SYNC'd Pre 3. IT WORKED! It seemed to need to have a text sent over the system before it would be recognized to read incoming texts. One thing I thought of that may have made a difference is that I cycled the 'message access' toggle within the upside down blue exclamation mark button next to 'SYNC' inside Bluetooth prefs. Whatever happened to allow the phone to be recognized, I'm pleased.
Btravelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by cbosdell likes this.
Old 01/20/2013, 05:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

UPDATE, glitchy and intermittent. Might be a Ford/Microsoft problem. Oh well...
Btravelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Good to hear that it (often) works. I hadn't tried texts, only using the voice commands to call / answer the phone. I'll have to play this weekend.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0