webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Unlock code for Pre3 instructions needed
Unlock code for Pre3 instructions needed
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By clpyles
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42

Old 01/16/2013, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Just ordered a new Pre3 from Amazon and promised unlock code is coming in an email from them.
My past attempts at unlocking VEERS has not been good. Used the DigitalUnlock system with success but hope to not spend the money again.

So, please help me. I need detailed instructions on how to unlock the Pre3 with what I guess is the code from AT&T. The instructions from them in the past did not work for me.

Grateful for the help.

Thanks
Charles
clpyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by atique31 likes this.
Old 01/16/2013, 03:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've used Dogbert's method for unlocking many Veers. The questions I would ask before giving more advice are:
What country are you in now?
What carrier are you planning to use with the Pre 3?
If you are in the USA do you have access to a valid AT&T Sim with data plan?
kingstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have used Dogbert's method successfully. Check out: Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones
I am from India and bought a AT&T pre3 from E-bay and though the listing promised an "unlocked" phone, I received a locked and blocked phone. Thanks to Dogbert I could unlock & unblock.

K
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpyles View Post
Just ordered a new Pre3 from Amazon and promised unlock code is coming in an email from them.
My past attempts at unlocking VEERS has not been good. Used the DigitalUnlock system with success but hope to not spend the money again.

So, please help me. I need detailed instructions on how to unlock the Pre3 with what I guess is the code from AT&T. The instructions from them in the past did not work for me.

Grateful for the help.

Thanks
Charles
If you have the unlock code from AT&T it should be straight forward.

Put the SIM in the phone and power it up.

It will ask for the unlock code. Put in the code...

If that does not work, write back here with any error messages.
RumoredNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/18/2013, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

yeah, to echo what RumoredNow said, if you're getting an unlock code with the phone, all you do is type it in when prompted. there's no magic steps.

the only thing odd when I did mine was that after the initial activation the phone rebooted and asked for the unlock code again but re-entering the code did nothing. I was still at the t-mo store where I got the SIM, so I asked the guy there and he turned Airplane mode on and then off again (thus resetting the radio), and that fixed it for good.
johnsonx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow likes this.
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 01/20/2013, 05:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the help and advice.

My past attempts at using ATT unlock instructions left me frustrated with the results on my Veers.

I had the Pre 3 sent to a friend in the States and it maybe already unlocked. Will know in a few weeks when I get it.

Charles
clpyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: RumoredNow
Old 09/09/2014, 05:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

Dear Brother, My HP pre3 4G with ATT unlock instructions needed.

I had the Pre 3 sent to a friend in the States and it maybe already unlocked. Will know in a few weeks when I get it.
atique31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0