webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > How 2 stop webos 2.4.4 from installing ON PRE 3
How 2 stop webos 2.4.4 from installing ON PRE 3

Old 01/11/2013, 04:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

How do u stop webos (2.3.3 hp pre 3) from checking to see if there is an os update.? Don't want the update (2.4.4) installed because it mess up wifi signal . tried the wifi patch which didn't help. So i installed webos 2.3.3 a second time (through webdoctor) and the wifi worked flawlessly.(which apparently this happens to certain pre 3 phones) Well when i looked at my phone this morning somehow webos 2.4.4 was installed automatically. and of course wifi goes back to being horrible .. So I just installed webos 2.3.3 for the 3 time (webdoctor) and want to make sure 2.4.4 doesn't install again. IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE SURE IT NEVER CHECKS FOR UPDATE AGAIN? i looked around this forum and others for the last 3 weeks and had'n come by a solution for this.

thanks pbo

Last edited by pbodesign; 01/11/2013 at 05:39 AM.
pbodesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/11/2013, 05:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

See [Guide] How To Disable Ota "automatic Updates" From Hp. - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki

I believe this works for phones too
Herrie is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pbodesign
Old 01/11/2013, 05:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbodesign View Post
How do u stop webos (2.3.3 hp pre 3) from checking to see if there is an os update.? I don't want the update (2.4.4) installed because it mess up wifi signal on my phone.. tried the wifi patch which didn't help. when i installed webos 2.3.3 a second time (through webdoctor) the wifi works flawlessly. so now when i looked at my phone this morning somehow webos 2.4.4 was installed automatically. and of course wifi keeps dropping now .. so just installed webos 2.3.3 for the 3 time (webdoctor) and want to make sure 2.4.4 doesn't install again. i looked around this forum and others for the last 3 weeks and had'n come by a solution for this.

thanks pbo
Have you tried this below? Its from an old thread originally cant remember who to give credit but its how I keep my pre2 from updating to 2.2.4

1. run Internalz Pro in master mode (flip the switch at the bottom of Internalz Pro's Preferences)

2. navigate to (root)/usr/bin

3. scroll down to and get info on "UpdateDaemon"

4. change the linux permissions of UpdateDaemon to -x -x -x from their default of +x +x -x

5. press "ok" and then restart
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: pbodesign
Old 01/11/2013, 06:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

No laingman and Herrie i haven,t . Going to try that right after i get preware instaled again.

so ill get back with update .
Old 01/13/2013, 12:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

ya it worked . thanks for your help laingman and Herrie.

redrum0036 u should be fine. this problem seems to be associated with this specific pre 3 phone that is from att (north america). this phone comes with webOS 2.2.3 as default. when u update to 2.2.4 on this phone the wifi basically becomes unusable unless u turn it of and on every 10 min or so. so if your wifi is fine after the 2.2.4 update .
your good .
Thanked By: redrum0036
Old 01/13/2013, 08:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

If you doctor your phone don't forget to do the process again
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0