webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > METEROIDS is available on the App Catalog!
METEROIDS is available on the App Catalog!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Pixilabs
  • 2 Post By NuttyBunny
  • 1 Post By jcmarcos

Old 01/10/2013, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hello dear webOS gamers!

We've just released our new title Meteroids on the App Catalog, for all webOS devices!

Meteroids is the sequel of "Tap-Tap Rockets" which has been released last year on iOS, Android and webOS platforms (where the game was ranked at the 13th place in the Top 20 Paid games for more than a year, with a 4.9 / 5 average rating!).

Meteroids has the same really unique but highly improved gameplay as Tap-Tap Rockets and also offers tons of new features such as : very attractive graphics, 9 incredible levels in 3 different worlds, 9 super powerful powers, super asteroids, moving planets, collectable gems, and so much more to come!

The game is available for download on the App Catalog in Premium and Free version!

Find out more and watch the trailer on Meteroids Official Website.
Follow the game's updates on Facebook.

We hope you'll enjoy the game!

Stephane Yilmaz
President & Game Designer
Pixilabs Software inc.
Pixilabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked By: Rnp
Old 01/10/2013, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

I can't play it on my Pre 3, at the training screen, I tap the fire/launch button and the rockets disappear, never hitting the target. I removed and reinstalled-same thing. Works fine on my TouchPad.
Old 01/10/2013, 11:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

At first, I read "Metroid", and got all excited.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
lisalover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncot View Post
I can't play it on my Pre 3, at the training screen, I tap the fire/launch button and the rockets disappear, never hitting the target. I removed and reinstalled-same thing. Works fine on my TouchPad.
confirmed, black background, no loading pics/background, and when ingame the rockets vanish when you launch, their not just hidden as the targets never get hit.

would be nice if people with a veer, pre2 etc could mention if it works for them, for me it does not unless i change the metadata.json device list, remove everythign and just change it to.....

{"version":1,"devices":[102]}

NOTE: it looks noticably blocky but at least for now it plays.

the default has loads of devices however nothing works on the pre3 except device 101, 102 and an amazingly squashed 201, this btw is an issue that nearly all gameloft games have when running on the pre3, vanishing textures/pictures etc until you use an old device number in the metadata.json, typically 101.

its not a problem but a bit weird that the app on my pre3 you have to orient/rotate the phone to the right, and typically my other apps i have to move the phone left, thats pretty much nitpicking tho and not a problem.

again as per previous user(s), perfect on touchpad, weirdly enough i can use any device id/number on the touchpad and it still runs fine, whereas the pre3 borks up on anything except 101, 102, 201.

Last edited by geekpeter; 01/10/2013 at 12:54 PM.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Got it running (low-res). Thanks geekpeter.

As soon as I get my Pre2 to connect to this WiFi network I'll check and report in the other thread.

Please, PixiLabs, fix it for the Pre3!!!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
hello Bronco,

Sorry to hear you've some issues with the game on Pre 3.

We'll fix that in the next release.

Stephane.
Old 01/10/2013, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilabs View Post
hello Bronco,

Sorry to hear you've some issues with the game on Pre 3.

We'll fix that in the next release.

Stephane.
Kudos to you for a new webOS game, and for the prompt support!
Old 01/10/2013, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

I found a very odd flaw with this, when i go to the app store on my TouchPad and look up "Meteroids" nothing comes up, is this just me or does this happen to everyone?
Eantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eantheman View Post
I found a very odd flaw with this, when i go to the app store on my TouchPad and look up "Meteroids" nothing comes up, is this just me or does this happen to everyone?
Perhaps it's just you. What country is your profile in?

Mine is in Mexico and I could find it with a simpke search

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Old 01/10/2013, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

The original had good music - 50's Theremin style!
Preemptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 06:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Looks like they pulled the free version.
Old 01/15/2013, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like they pulled the free version.
their update today tho works perfectly on my pre3 without the need to downgrade the quality.

+1

cheers for the update
Old 01/15/2013, 07:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
confirmed, black background, no loading pics/background, and when ingame the rockets vanish when you launch, their not just hidden as the targets never get hit.

would be nice if people with a veer, pre2 etc could mention if it works for them, for me it does not unless i change the metadata.json device list, remove everythign and just change it to.....

{"version":1,"devices":[102]}

NOTE: it looks noticably blocky but at least for now it plays.

the default has loads of devices however nothing works on the pre3 except device 101, 102 and an amazingly squashed 201, this btw is an issue that nearly all gameloft games have when running on the pre3, vanishing textures/pictures etc until you use an old device number in the metadata.json, typically 101.

its not a problem but a bit weird that the app on my pre3 you have to orient/rotate the phone to the right, and typically my other apps i have to move the phone left, thats pretty much nitpicking tho and not a problem.

again as per previous user(s), perfect on touchpad, weirdly enough i can use any device id/number on the touchpad and it still runs fine, whereas the pre3 borks up on anything except 101, 102, 201.
free version works great on my Veer ... hope to upgrade to full version on Touchpad soon! Thanks Pixilabs for more gaming fun on webOS!
Old 01/15/2013, 07:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

Just a heads-up, the 1.0.1 update released today fixes the game on Pre3.

Now we have another gorgeous HD game on our Pre3s

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Liked by Garrett92C and geekpeter like this.
Thanked By: Pixilabs
Old 01/16/2013, 08:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

We're happy to see that our update works well on Pre3!

Thank you very much for your support and your nice comments about the game!

Stephane.
Old 01/16/2013, 08:15 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixilabs View Post
We're happy to see that our update works well on Pre3!

Thank you very much for your support and your nice comments about the game!

Stephane.
Me too! Just bought it, after a full year of not visiting the App Store. I don't think I'll play it much, but there's my support!

Surprisingly fine spanish translation, was unexpected. It shows polishness of your product.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
jcmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by hunland likes this.
Thanked By: Pixilabs

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0