webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Drop down list very slow
Drop down list very slow

Old 01/06/2013, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

On my Drop Down List it scrolls jerkedly only 1 line or even only half a line when trying to move it up or down. On my Touchpad i can flick it up and down and it scrolls smoothly very fast like a page or more at a time.

I assume it should operate like on my Touchpad , is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by Firepower; 01/06/2013 at 10:30 PM.
Firepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

When is the last time you restarted your device fully? Issues like this are usually caused by a device not having been cycled through a full restart in a while.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2013, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

I been luna restarting often, and device restarts too, have been installing and removing patches,
Device restart didnt fix it, just trying to change time setting is so slow to move in drop down list

any patches known to cause this?

have tried changing govnah profile, but it fast in everything else just drop down list slow , just trying anything i can think of to see what the cause is still no luck.

Last edited by Firepower; 01/07/2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 01/07/2013, 04:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

I found the patch causing drop down list to be slow.
It caused by webOS scroll bars from preware. Removing this patch fixed it and renistalling it broke it again.

here is the original webos scroll bar patch which has bug fix for slow drop down lists.

[Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars

can some one update preware to latest version.

Last edited by Firepower; 01/07/2013 at 05:12 PM.
Thanked by HelloNNNewman, Nija
Old 01/08/2013, 07:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Yes.. somehow the developer refuses to fix this bug in the preware version... very irritating. :-(
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

can some one else just submit it to pre-ware it is in the forum linked above, but that package contains mulitple versions for each device.
Old 01/08/2013, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

On my Pre3 the effect was a little bit different. My drop down list's inertial scrolling was disabled completely. I mean I couldn't flick the list in one way so that it keeps scrolling... it stopped the scrolling immediately as my finger left the touchscreen.
The idea about the patch was right, now I removed the patch and the scrolling is back to it's original state.

Next will be to try the modified patch from above - I like the scrollbar feature too.
tylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 11:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylla View Post
On my Pre3 the effect was a little bit different. My drop down list's inertial scrolling was disabled completely. I mean I couldn't flick the list in one way so that it keeps scrolling... it stopped the scrolling immediately as my finger left the touchscreen.
The idea about the patch was right, now I removed the patch and the scrolling is back to it's original state.

Next will be to try the modified patch from above - I like the scrollbar feature too.
yes mine was same it stop and then you push and it only move half a digit up or down , had to keep flicking to move at all. You described it better than me.

Glad to help another pre3 user.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0